Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Baraboo, WI 53913
MSA is a true grassroots success story, founded in Baraboo, Wisconsin, in the 1930s. What began as a rural two-man surveying and engineering partnership has now grown into an employee-owned, multidisciplinary consulting firm employing 350+ engineers, architects, planners, funding experts, surveyors, GIS experts, landscape architects, environmental scientists, and other professional staff. We have multiple offices throughout the Midwest and collaborate to help strengthen communities across the nation.
At MSA, we’re about our people as much as we are about our portfolio, and as an employee-owned firm, when we say we “own” our work, we mean it. The employee-owned ownership culture at MSA fosters a positive team environment and allows owners to be an active part of the growth and success of the company. We are collaborative, we are impactful, and together as owners-we make a difference.
We are currently seeking an experienced full-time Water/Wastewater Engineer to join our Champaign, IL office. This position will allow you to work with communities through the design and construction phases on a broad range of municipal projects. This position will have an emphasis on the design of water, wastewater, and general civil/municipal engineering projects. MSA values employees with exceptional client focus and strong technical knowhow. Our local connections and technical mentoring paired with your passion for improving infrastructure will help you and MSA stand out as the consultant of choice.
• Preparation of plans of municipal infrastructure projects
• Wastewater facilities planning reports and feasibility studies
• Preparation of details, specifications, and bidding documents
• Be part of a design team for Municipal Infrastructure projects
• Preparation of regulatory permits for projects
• Preparation of technical reports for projects
• Provide construction observation services for municipal infrastructure projects
• Provide construction administration services of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure projects
• Attendance at client meetings
• Project management including project planning, scoping, budgeting and QA/QC
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required
• Minimum of 2-5 years’ of related work experience required
• EIT/PE license preferred
• Desire to work on water, wastewater, storm water, and municipal/civil projects
• AutoCAD experience preferred
• Construction experience preferred
• We are seeking someone with solid written and verbal communication skills, an attention to detail, who exhibits exceptional follow through, and a willingness to be flexible for co-workers and clients
At MSA, we help people live, work and play better. That goes not only for our clients and the communities we serve, but for our team members too. Join us and launch your innovative new career in a 100% employee-owned workplace that believes in flexible work schedules, honest transparency, a supportive team environment and a commitment to helping make communities stronger, together.
MSA also provides a comprehensive suite of benefits and incentives including competitive health, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, support of ongoing professional education, opportunities for community involvement and participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer