Sr. EHS Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sauget, IL 62201
Category Health, Safety and Environment
Support and lead all aspects of plant environmental compliance, employee health programs, and employee safety processes. The main focus of this position is to ensure regulatory compliance while building and sustaining a perpetual EHS culture where employees are involved in job/task design and execution.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical/manufacturing activities.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for all work performed in the plant.
- Provide or coordinate the regulatory training for all employees, vendors, suppliers, owners, and visitors to Afton – Sauget.
- Manage the regulatory compliance requirements including testing, sampling, and inspecting as required.
- Collaborate with environmental scientists, planners, hazardous waste technicians, engineers, regulatory agencies, and other specialists/experts in law and business to address environmental, health and safety compliance.
- Provide administrative support for projects by collecting data, providing project documentation, training, and performing other general administrative duties.
- Develop proposed project objectives and targets, and report to management on progress in attaining them.
- Prepare, review, and update environmental investigation and recommendation reports.
- Research and administrate employee health improvements in relation to employee well being through communications, training, and programs.
- Request bids from suppliers or consultants as necessary.
- Assist in budget implementation, forecasts, and administration.
- Develop, update and implement emergency response procedures to protect the people and assets of the company during emergency situations that impact the facility
- Provide strong leadership skills in addressing emergency response situations that may impact the facility.
- Promote a strong interagency relationship with those agencies that provide services and licensure to the facility.
- As requested assist with the tracking and recording of emissions produced by the facility and filing the appropriate reports as required by local, state and federal laws.
- Provide analysis and follow up to all occurrences that have an impact on the people and the assets of the facility.
- Work with medical department on case management of injuries and return to work.
- BS degree in Safety engineering, Occupational health and/or environmental engineering
- 7 plus years of safety related management, with exposure to environmental regulatory management.
- Professional certification in safety, industrial hygiene or environmental engineering preferred.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Energetic – Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Self-Confident – The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Negotiation Skills – Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/yjm59gcf3sb5z63g