Associate Director, Risk Benefit Opportunity Assessments
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northbrook, IL 60065
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There’s something special about working at Astellas. It’s reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director, Risk Benefit Opportunity Assessments opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope of Position:
The Associate Director, Risk-Benefit-Opportunity (RBO) Assessments will provide input into the Medical Intelligence and Patient Insights (MIPI) analyses with regard to molecule-disease alignments, current competitors in development, expectations of regulators as well as the success, failure and rationale of programs more advanced. This role provides environmental context to the potential competitive risks based on mechanism of action as well as an overview of the most relevant development programs ongoing, regulator expectations, etc. The RBO assessments will begin in discovery and continue to be refreshed as molecules progress in the developmental cycle. This role is a critical support to the MIPI sub-teams and will be required to support multiple analyses simultaneously.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with science project teams in understanding mechanism-disease alignment of molecules
- Support project teams in exploring other potential disease targets based on mechanism of action
- Determining most significant competitors and provide rationale regarding risk and opportunities to science teams
- Explore regulator requests/expectations based on competitors more advance in development
- Support the MIPI sub-teams with a variety of contributions to assist in providing a comprehensive analysis of opportunity potential in disease areas and populations of interest
- Collaborate closely with other internal teams to share perspectives and outputs and to create a continuum of information in the space (Competitive Intelligence, HEOR, others).
This role will provide detailed contributions to the overall MIPI analyses in the areas of molecule opportunities, risks and benefits. As such, the depth and quality of the inputs, the accuracy of the information, the impact on overall analyses decision-making and the timeliness of the contribution will all be considered in determining success in this role. Additionally, internal customers will be asked to assess the utility of this input regarding their knowledge base and utility in decision-making at regular intervals.
The Associate Director, Risk-Benefit-Opportunity Assessments will report to the Head, Medical Intelligence and Patient Insights. However, this role will have matrix responsibilities to the Direct, Medical Value and Strategy who will be accountable for the overall output of the sub-teams which this role supports. This will role will be part of the Patient Centricity unit.
- Advanced degree: PhD, PharmD
- Strong understanding of the scientific process and ability to work closely with science leaders and project teams
- Ability to collaborate with other specialized units within the company
- Ability to work independently and contribute to team outputs
- Proven track record of delivering high quality work consistently and within expected time frame
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience and comfort level managing multiple projects simultaneously
- High degree of comfort working in a global matrix environment
- Previous experience working with/supporting project teams in research
- Experience in similar work streams and outputs a strong positive
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Patient Centricity