Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
Job Title: Warehouse Attendant
Reports To: Sr. Purchasing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (Union)
Hourly Rate: $19.45-$21.45
Summary: This position executes, achieves and maintains the core functions of SAVOR…Chicago’s distribution and warehouse as a warehouse attendant, achieves and maintains quality and efficiency standards in the warehouse, receiving and distribution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Unload incoming deliveries per quality work instructions
- Opens boxes, and other containers, using company approved hand tools, i.e. company issued box cutters.
- Convey product and items from receiving areas to storage (i.e., coolers, shelves, etc.) or to other designated areas by hand, pallet jack, or other.
- Sort and place product or items on racks, shelves, coolers or bins according to predetermined sequence, such as date of expiration, size, type or product code.
- Fill requisitions, work orders, or request for product or other stock items and distribute in a timely manner per work instructions.
- Assemble orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves.
- Verify quantities, record amount of product or items received or distributed and shortages and damages.
- Keep warehouse/product storage areas in order
- Unload incoming deliveries per quality work instructions and verifies against packing slip.
- Maintain consistent communication with Purchasing Department Director, Manager’s and Lead regarding new items, change of brand names, change of location, count, incoming shipments, etc.
- Uses proper and safe methods when operating all warehouse equipment, i.e. pallet jacks.
- Notify manager of “out of stocks”.
- Follow directions from Managers/Warehouse Lead
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED
- Must have sufficient math ability to accurately add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Must speak, be able to read and understand English well enough to converse with customers, supervisor’s and employees.
- Understand written and oral direction and communicate effectively with others.
- Two (2) years warehouse experience with previous electric pallet jack experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must have ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work
- Ability to work closely with others
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment; sense of urgency
- Must have a pleasant personality and adhere to Uniform Standards policy
- Must be able to work various shifts and hours to include holidays and weekends
- Ability to take tasks that are not clearly defined and appropriately define problem, propose and implement solutions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Forklift License, Pallet Jack Certification
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met
- by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
- may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to Stand for minimum of:6 hours_
- Must be able to Lift ___60___pounds
- Must be able to Sit for minimum of:1 hour____
- Must be able to Push __60___pounds
- Ability to move heavy (100+ pounds) pallets with product.
While performing the duties of this job, one must have the physical ability to maneuver around McCormick Place at times. The employee may be regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move a minimum of 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled