Substation Engineer (Electrical Engineer)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60684
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is looking for a Substation Engineer (Electrical Engineer) to join our dynamic and growing team to support utility and power substation efforts within the Global Power Business Line in our Chicago, IL office.
The growth and diversification of the Power Business Line is a top initiative, on both a regional and national scale. The successful candidate will have a minimum 20 years’ experience on various substation projects from 69kV up to 500kV, in addition build effective relationships with clients and stakeholders in the Power & Utility industry to help grow Gannett Fleming’s market share.
• Develop Substation layout drawings including, plan and elevations, yard layouts, grounding, grounding details, raceway, raceway details, control building layouts, cable lists, and material lists on new and existing substations.
• Develop Substation one lines, three lines, Aux AC Power Systems, DC Power Systems, DC Schematics, SCADA and Communications Systems, Relay Panel Layouts, Equipment Wiring, and Cable Schedules for new and existing substations.
• Prepare calculations and reports presenting the calculations to clients.
• Prepare equipment specifications, for substation equipment, components, and construction.
• Be responsible for managing the technical, financial, and scheduling aspects of substation projects.
• Accountable for project financial performance, quality standard, project deliverables.
• Collaborate internally to pursue power substation projects regionally and nationally with the objective of increasing Gannett Fleming presence in the power delivery business
• Build, maintain and manage the necessary skills, resources and expertise to develop and deliver strategic services, partnerships, programs and projects.
• Develop and nurture client relationships and network to uncover teaming arrangements
• Assume an active role in the preparation of proposals bids, reports and presentations
electrical engineering, Power systems, High Voltage, substation, substation design, electrical design, Electrical power, power engineering, power distribution, power generation, transformer, generators
+ Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
+ Advanced Degree strongly preferred.
+ Professional Engineer License
+ Minimum of 20+ years progressive experience in design, engineering and project management within power and utility industry.
+ Solid knowledge of the consulting engineering profession.
+ Demonstrated ability with project management software and tools (Microsoft Project or similar) for scope, schedule and budget management.
+ Design experience in high voltage substation, and distribution projects.
+ Experience in the creation of quality technical solutions and the design delivery of major power delivery projects.
+ Commitment to driving strong business performance, continuous improvement, and best practices.
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Chicago, IL
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM [Flexible]
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID: 2019-6324
External Company Name: Gannett Fleming, Inc.
External Company URL: www.gannettfleming.com