Road Driver - Transporting Railroad Crews - Galesburg, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Galesburg, IL 61401
Job Title – Road Driver
Position – Transporting Railroad Crews
Roles and Responsibilities –
- You will be contacted by our Dispatch Team to pick up and drop off Railroad Workers from various Railroads.
- You are required to transport our Railroad Crews in a safe and timely manner. The Rail Crew may need to be taken to their Train, Terminal or their Hotel, our goal is to get them where they need to go.
- Due to the Railroad operating on a 24/7 basis you must be able to work ON-CALL. Our Drivers work a scheduled 5 days with 2 days off. The hours of the days you work will depend on when you receive your dispatched calls, so you must be able to drive both Day and Night hours.
- You will be using a company vehicle to transport our Rail Crews and will also be given a Company gas card to fuel up when needed. You never have to use your own transportation, except to get to the site to pick up our vehicle.
- In regards to the On – Call aspect – Drivers are provided access to a Driver Rotation Board, which shows where you are on the list to be called out- due to that most are able to plan their day and estimate when they will be receiving a call. This has helped a lot of Drivers develop normal routines.
Being employed as a Hallcon Road Driver, once trained, you will be trusted to carry out and perform the required tasks assigned to you with minimal supervision.
Hallcon promotes within, opportunities and growth are available. It is up to you on how far you want to advance.