Part-Time Digital Services Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60604
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Part-Time Digital Services Assistant
Job ID 3801
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Part-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Digital Services Assistant assists with work necessary to the department’s operations in the following operational areas: library web environments, digitization, Via Sapientiae (the university’s institutional repository), and library computer lab support.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintain content for the library’s online environments: updating the website, maintaining library hours, approving room reservations, etc.
- Work with DePaul’s Information Services department to resolve public computing, technology, and equipment issues issues (filing tickets; checking resolutions, etc.).
- Work with the institutional repository, including electronic theses and dissertations processes, submission of documents and related metadata.
- Adding faculty publications to the repository.
- Helping to create/maintain SelectedWorks pages for faculty and staff and performing related copyright verification and permissions processes.
- Assist the Digitization Supervisor with digitizing audio/visual items for course reserves during peak times and with longer-term digitization and metadata projects.
- Further develop own technology skills (such as document design or front-end development) while working on longer term projects that will enhance the online experience of library users.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- 2+ years of college.
- Courses or experience with basic web design (HTML and CSS).
- Experience with troubleshooting technology.
- Experience with conversion of textual, audio and video items into various digital formats.
- Courses or experience with graphic design software (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator).
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Ability to operate office equipment including basic computer skills, photocopiers and scanners.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to type with accuracy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to perform research independently as needed.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
For consideration, please submit a short cover letter with your resume explaining your interest in this part-time position.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University’s mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Full Benefits – https://offices.depaul.edu/human-resources/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
Part-Time Benefits – https://offices.depaul.edu/human-resources/benefits/part-time/Pages/default.aspx
Required Background Check:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8hh5nkyqgsvr2fxx