HVAC Service/Facility Technician - Only apply through official OTTO company site: www.ottoexcellence.com
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Carpentersville, IL 60110
Job Summary –
Responsible for maintaining the physical structure as required.
Job Duties and Authorities –
• Installs, services, and repairs environmental control systems in commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout:
• Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications.
• Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air duct system, using hand tools.
• Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools.
• Cuts and threads pipe, using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment.
• Joins tubing or pipe to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings, or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
• Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit.
• Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating-ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
• Installs air and water filters in completed installation. Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems, and adds Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure.
• Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to ensure efficient operation.
• Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap-and-water solution.
• Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands.
• Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician’s hand tools and test equipment.
• Repair, and service air-conditioners, ranging from one to forty tons cooling capacity, in warehouses and factory buildings. Repairs and maintains physical structures of commercial and industrial establishments, such as factories, office buildings and apartment houses, using hand tools and power tools:
• Replaces defective electrical switches and other fixtures.
• Paints structures, and repairs woodwork with carpenter’s tools.
• Repairs plumbing fixtures. Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments, following specifications, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings, using hand tools, power tools, hoist, crane, and measuring and testing instruments:
• Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment.
• Carpenter work.
• Cement work.
• Electric work.
• Drywall patching.
• Provide support and advise staff.
• Assist with other related duties as required or assigned.