Supply Chain Manager - Micro Fulfillment Automation Engineer - 200362BR
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60603
Auto req ID: 200362BR
As other sectors have shifted to eCommerce-first business models in recent years, food & beverage has continued to rely predominantly on traditional brick & mortar models, but this is changing rapidly. New technologies are transforming every aspect of reaching consumers, from the rise of digital marketing and online grocery platforms to the creation of supply chain tools that enable speedy at-home delivery. According to the Food Marketing Institute, 70% of U.S. consumers will shop online for groceries by 2024, with an estimated annual spend of $100 billion.
To ensure we win in this space we have established a dedicated global eCommerce group, bringing together world-class talent across F&B, digital, and key customers. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group has a unique start-up feel and defined values that embrace a more entrepreneurial mindset: a bias for action; results-oriented; community-focused; prioritization of people.
This position will be responsible for developing, delivering, and running our Micro-Fulfillment automation pilot (Joliet, IL site) and future implementations. This capability supports both the near-term strategic objectives while developing longer-term Supply Chain capabilities. The position will interface with all levels or the organization and work collaboratively across multiple business teams, Business Units, and functions.
- Apply curiosity and creative problem solving to drive next-generation solutions for PepsiCo. These will include algorithms, optimization, efficiency analysis, and automation solutions
- Create and evaluate use cases for innovative Fulfillment solutions to support eCommerce channel growth and customer/consumer shifts (Direct Fulfillment, Alternative Go-To-Market solutions, DSD, toting, and repack/variety packs). This Position will be subject matter expert for Micro-Fulfillment
- Work with surrounding automation programs throughout PepsiCo to ensure we are leveraging other development and remain aligned with broader programs and developments
- Supervision of warehouse activity by contracted and PepsiCo employees (day to day warehouse labour, work conducted by electricians/maintenance contractors, and other service personnel) to assure efficient site operations.
- Perform troubleshooting, problem analysis and technical support for the site(s) as needed (initially, Dematic Micro-Fulfillment Automation System and associated equipment)
- Utilize available warehouse management, data warehouses, cloud data, etc. to facilitate the operational performance and reporting
- Prepare electrical, process, and network design specifications for assigned projects and oversee the preparation of all necessary drawings including electrical schematics and P&IDs
- Responsible for evaluating pilot system and specifications for future implementations (Capex, bidding, vendor selection, and purchase required equipment, parts and contract installations) services for assigned projects to assure that the project is implemented as scheduled with minimal production interruptions
- Administer the implementation of maintenance and operator training for all new equipment and systems installed.
- Keep up-to-date on new technological developments (e.g. professional journals, vendor management/partnerships, tradeshows, etc.) and initiate uses within the eCommerce channel
- Oversee dedicated network design for assigned projects and collaborate with PepsiCo IT and eCommerce data teams to maintain automation/network systems
- 4-year Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred – Strong electrical and controls background required
- 5 – 10 years minimum of practical experience in electrical and control systems applications – plant or warehouse operations experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and with remote teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, aggressive, results-oriented culture
- The appropriate individual should possess a strong foundation in interpersonal communication concepts, specifically written oral presentation, listening, and facilitation skills, demonstrated by leading team members while facilitating change and fostering innovation and results
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong project management skills
- Wonderware InTouch and Historian experience preferred
- Familiarity with configuring Dematic IQ a plus
- Windows Server, Microsoft SQL, and software licensing management experience preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming required
- Knowledge and experience with PLC 5 and PLC 5000
- Knowledge and experience with 1305 servo drives
- ASRS, micro-fulfillment, processing, packaging, and/or machine control systems experience preferred
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy