Human Resources Manager (HR Manager)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northbrook, IL 60062
Manager, Human Resources
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day HR Operations and will report to the Managing Director of HR. The ideal candidate will have strong experience with ADP software, including Workforce Now payroll, Time & Attendance, and Applicant Tracking (ATS). This role will manage in areas of payroll, benefits, compliance (FMLA, ADA, Workers Compensation, unemployment claim responses, and general employment requirements), employee/manager dispute resolution, employee performance coaching, onboarding and some recruiting. The HR Manager is also responsible for administering programs across all Ecentria locations (Northbrook, Aurora, and Logan, Utah) to ensure consistency in Human Resources handbook policies.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the Manager, Human Resources are:
- Ensure the Company follows all applicable laws such as benefit notifications & filings, payroll compliance, and government regulations.
- Complete filings and reporting as legally required for benefits, payroll, and government regulations.
- Administer the Affirmative Action Plan and ensure its updated each year.
- Manage the 401k plan and ensure compliance.
- Manage all benefits plans and ensure compliance.
- Manage relationships with vendors such as with benefit brokers, payroll vendor, and benefit providers.
- Manage payroll employees and functions to ensure all deadlines and compliance are met.
- Work with managers on employee relations strategy.
- Manage the performance management process for Northbrook, Aurora, and Logan, Utah.
- Assist the Managing Director of HR in creating new policies and processes to ensure efficiency in all HR operations processes.
- Manage Human Resources team members and coach for peak performance.
- Performing other ad hoc duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
Required Qualifications for the role are:
- Bachelors degree, Masters degree preferred
- At least 10 years progressive Human Resources experience
- This role is based in Northbrook, IL, but travel to the Aurora location will be regularly approx. 1 to 2 days per week or as needed.
- Staff management skills; will manage an HR staff and assist the Managing Director in managing the Talent Acquisition and Administrative staff. Must be a diplomatic but strong leader.
- Experience creating HR operations strategy across multiple locations
- Ability to work with all level within the organization and coordinate with vendors
- A commitment to diversity inclusion programs, hiring practices, and equal opportunity.
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality and remain at a professional leadership level
Ability to represent the Ecentria brand to all vendors and customers
- Experience with MS Office and ADP
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable working independently, but also under the supervision of an HR executive
- Typing, texting, telephone communications, presentation skills, public relations skills, account management skills, seeing, hearing, sitting, walking, strong written & verbal communication skills, ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
- Employer-paid life, AD&D and disability insurance
- Employer-paid employee assistance program
- Generous FTO (flexible time off)
- 401k retirement benefits plan with a company match
- Voluntary legal support services & pet insurance
- Onsite exercise facility and yoga class
- Rich corporate culture including charitable efforts, social events, and career development opportunities
- Salary commensurate with work experience and education.
Ecentria is the winner of many prestigious HR-driven awards, including:
- Best & Brightest Place to Work in the Nation, 2018
- Best & Brightest Place to Work in Chicago, 2019
- Top Workplace in Chicago (Chicago Tribune Award), 2018
- Top Workplace in Chicago, (Chicago Tribune Award), 2019
- A professional, highly experienced HR staff committed to teamwork (and fun!)
The Head of HR, Managing Director of Ecentria has been nominated for Chief HR Officer of the year in both 2019 and 2020.
Ecentria is a fast-growing global organization with a strong emphasis and a deep commitment to resources for building an award-winning corporate culture which includes free yoga on-site (2x a week), a $5 catered lunch meal program, an on-site fitness center, free shuttle to/from the Metra train station, numerous company parties & charity events, and a career path program as well as career training.
Join this winning team!
Work Location- Northbrook
Ecentria, LLC and its Companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.