Housing Administrator (Colbert Quality Administrator)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Matteson, IL 60443
The position provides education and support to CMHC consumers and staff on housing resources, opportunities, and housing issues. This position serves as the Colbert Quality Administrator as outlined by the State of Illinois and oversees the Colbert transition process from outreach through transition. The Housing Administrator serves as Sertoma Centre’s Permanent Supportive Housing clinical liaison for support services.
• Function as the single point of contact among Sertoma Centre, DMH/DHS, and Managed Care Organizations, communicating issues that arise, critical incidents, decision regarding referrals made, and transition progress made for Colbert Class Members.
• Complete all reports requested by MCOs and DMH/DHS.
• Complete Life Satisfaction Tool with Colbert Class Members post transition as indicated by the State of Illinois.
• Establish internal wait lists for Permanent Supportive Housing by coordinating with the Property Manager, Housing Authority of Cook County, the Department of Mental Health, and other necessary agencies to ensure vacant units are leased to eligible parties in accordance with all relevant standards, including screening all referred applicants according to state and federal Fair Housing Laws and utilizing the tenant selection criteria.
• Assist applicants for Permanent Supportive Housing with the application process and work in tandem with residents during move-in, orientation, training regarding when and how to contact the Property Manager, needed accommodations, and assistive technology as necessary.
• Conduct clinical intake assessments for Permanent Supportive Housing units, evaluating the need for services, and ensuring that linkage to Sertoma CMHC or other providers occurs.
• Conduct site visits of tenants’ current living arrangements, function to provide clinical support to CMHC staff providing support services, and act as the liaison between tenants receiving services through Sertoma and the Property Manager regarding concerns with rent, rules, and other rights/responsibilities of tenancy.
• Identify and secure viable housing for individuals experiencing mental illness.
• Maintain positive working relationship with landlords and property management companies where consumers of CMHC reside.
• Directly deliver services in accordance with applicable Rule 132 program requirements.
• Schedule and document all billing activities to meet departmental deadlines, time frames, and productivity standards.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.