Principal Engineer (JoinOCI)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lombard, IL 60148
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
/The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world s biggest challenges. /
/We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer s business critical applications. /
Position: Principal Engineer JoinOCI Product Engineering*
Location: Nashua, NH
Reports To: Senior Manager, Software Development*
*Job Summary: *
This individual will be a principal member of the OCI Data Plane Service team supporting the Oracle Dyn DNS platform. Primarily focused on delivering the implementation of our next-generation DNS and cloud platform integration. Day-to-day activities will range from leading design and discovery discussions, reviewing roadmap with stakeholders, prototyping, and hands on software development. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and possess a wide range of skills and experience. This individual should have the ability to understand business needs and priorities, work closely with product managers and architects and strike a good balance between business goals and technical implementations. This individual will also be fairly autonomous and be expected to contribute to a wide range of high-impact projects across the organization. The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader.
- Design, develop, implement, operationalize and support Oracle Dyn DNS, Advanced features of managed DNS like Traffic Management, Backend APIs, SDKs, CLIs and various other components.
- Hands on software development at load, performance, scalability, security and high availability.
- Develop code which scales to billions of Queries per second.
- Analyze & interpret business needs to develop technical specifications and analyze gaps and provide improvements of legacy product.
- Evaluate various existing and new implementations to determine security and compliance with business needs and external specifications.
- Perform troubleshooting and coordinate problem resolution activities with engineering and support teams.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with peer organizations.
- Cross-train squad members and insure knowledge transfer is occurring so that there are no single points of failure and knowledge gaps.
- Providing review and input to business needs, and using those to develop technical needs, and eventually deployable systems.
- Some travel involved with this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver the items listed in the major duties section
- At least 10 years experience in application development and building high-performance data plane services
- Experience in network and web security technologies (firewalls, web security, IDP / IPS, DNS based security, etc.) anddeep understanding of DNS and BIND implementation of the services
- Expertise in C, C , GO, Java, Python (two or more preferred)
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and standards, including DNS, DNSSEC, REST, SSL and HTTP
- General knowledge of the following categories of network systems: Multiprocessing, Threading, Distributed systems, Load Balancing and High Availability
- Good knowledge of Linux at a systems level
- Knowledge of databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DBaaS
- Knowledge of caching servers such as Varnish or Nginx
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with minimum direction
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries and within groups
- Should be able to take high level architectures and convert into reality and detailed design
- Should be able to guide teams of people via backlog grooming, sprint planning
- Should be a flexible, resourceful, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential.
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent in work experience and self-study.
- Advanced degree is a plus
Job: Product Development
Title: Principal Engineer (JoinOCI)
Location: NH,New Hamp-Nashua
Requisition ID: 2000015A
Other Locations: United States