Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
ITASCA, IL 60143
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to Valerie.Herron@RobertHalf.com with the subject “Assistant Controller”
You will identify issues and resolve problems in this career-building Assistant Controller position. The Assistant Controller will supervise the accounting staff while reporting to the Controller. This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Itasca, Illinois area. Join a cutting edge company by applying via Robert Half Finance & Accounting today.
What you get to do every day
- Uphold implementation and warrant adherence to accounting policies and procedures
- Advance to ensure a competent, trained staff through development, goal setting, and regular assessment
- Foster accountability and the meeting of deliverables
- Consider and form Ad Hoc financial reports
- Pitch in to the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including budgeting and forecasting
- Administer regular account reconciliation to completion
- Construct relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like actual spend against budgets/outlook, the monthly flash report, and key financial metrics
- Name and create process improvements to streamline reporting and improve team efficiency
- Perform other duties when necessary
- Develop an assortment of policies, technical accounting analyses, and procedures
- Exceptional preparation and coordination of fiscal year-end audits
- Backfill for Controller when necessary
- Facilitate the accounting team during the closing process to see to it that deadlines are met
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Crucial accounting experience, including as a Bookkeeper preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Deep technical background in public accounting (GAAP)
- 5+ years of general ledger accounting experience
- Certified Public Accounting license or exams in progress
- Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment
- Remarkable analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Deep knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Strong communication and social skills and able to receive criticism well
To apply for this position, email your resume to Valerie.Herron@RobertHalf.com with the subject “Assistant Controller”.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world’s leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we’ve been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $100,000.00 – $120,000.00 / Yearly
Location: ITASCA, IL
Date Posted: February 25, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01310-0011308844
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance