Construction Engineer III
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Crystal Lake, IL 60012
POSITION: Construction Engineer III
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a Construction Engineer III in our Crystal Lake or Chicago, IL office. The Engineer III will support the firm’s construction group on a variety of projects ranging from roadways and bridges to underground installation. Additionally, the candidate will be assisting with the firm’s design staff when required. The engineering position will also offer the opportunity to work directly with firm clients.
- Conduct on-site observation of work, repairs, and tests as needed
- Coordinate construction activities with clients, inspectors, contractors and public agencies
- Endeavor to provide protection for owner against defects and deficiencies in the work
- Serve as liaison with contractor
- Maintain job site records of daily reports, job meeting minutes, approved drawings, and pay requests
- Observe, measure and document construction activities
- Maintain a daily log of construction activities
- Monitor progress schedule and shop drawing log
- Review pay requests and verify completed work
- Detailed designs as required by workload
- General civil engineering and client service
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- B.S. degree in Civil/Construction Engineering from an accredited program with an emphasis in construction engineering preferred.
- PE License required.
- 5+ years of proven progressive experience in construction engineering.
- Past experience on IDOT or Illinois Tollway projects.
- Chicago DOT and METRA construction experience desirable.
- Computer skills and mastery of proprietary software (IDOT/Tollway construction management programs, etc).
- Effective communication, both oral and written, with residents, businesses and public agencies.
- Ability to travel throughout Chicago area (own transportation).
- Work in a team environment.
- Strong written, verbal, computer and organizational skills.
Baxter & Woodman is an equal opportunity – affirmative action – M/F/Vet/Disability employer