Clinical Educator Med Imaging
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60684
Act as clinical educator for radiology, ultrasound, and nuclear medicine. Organizes and maintains records for all student activities within the department of medical imaging. Also assists in coordination and monitoring of both departmental continuing education efforts and clinical orientation initiatives.
1. Provides a level of clinical supervision and works with clinical leads to evaluate students practical abilities and assures students attain clinical objectives.
2. Monitors, and assists in development of, clinical course materials.
3. Assists in coordinating continuing education to improve staff skills and maintain clinical competence.
4. Maintains student files per institutional policy.
5. Participates in meetings and serves on committees, both internal and with clinical affiliates, that are applicable to imaging education.
6. Schedules clinical assignments that assure proper exposure to imaging modalities so that students may achieve course objectives.
7. Coordinates image, and technique, quality assurance activities for students and staff.
8. Provides didactic sessions as required. Assists in the planning and coordination of affiliate functions.
9. Maintains the documentation and record keeping system in compliance with organizational and external agency requirements.
10. Role models and serves as a clinical resource.
11. Coaches and actively facilitates the clinical advancement of students and staff. Coaches orientees and guides staff to appropriate resources to achieve performance expectations.
12. Employs a variety of interactive teaching strategies.
13. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others
14. Demonstrates knowledge of pertinent aspects and competency with protocols related to the use of chemical disinfection, high level disinfection, and sterilization if required at part of the responsibilities of the role.
1. Bachelor’s degree is arts or science is required.
2. Current registry with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
3. Current CPR certification.
4. Minimum three years clinical experience in a hospital setting. Previous experience working with students in a pediatric clinical setting is preferred.
5. Supervisory or clinical teaching experience preferred, effective teaching skills are required.6. Speaks clearly person-to-person and on telephone and records accurate messages.
Requisition ID: 2019-12015
Street: 225 E Chicago Ave