Info Security Analyst, Assoc.
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60604
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Info Security Analyst, Assoc.
Job ID 3645
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Application Security Analyst will focus on the security of the DePaul’s information resources to provide a safe computing environment in support of DePaul University’s mission of education, community service and research.
The Application Security Analyst will specialize in application security and be responsible for other assigned areas of security, including disaster recovery testing/planning and functioning as a backup for other security team members. The incumbent will perform application security reviews, code reviews and will work with system administrators and engineers in the Information Services division and all other DePaul University divisions to design, review, implement and maintain security measurements, policies and procedures throughout the university for the functional application systems of the university. The Application Security Analyst will assist in providing a safe computing environment to ensure the integrity of the university’s computer systems and the personal privacy of its users.
The Application Security Analyst will assist in development and testing of procedures to ensure the Information Services division can respond to a disaster and that the data center information technology resources for critical business functions can be resumed within a defined time frame, the amount of loss can be minimized, and any stricken information processing facilities can be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible. Assignments will include the development, maintenance, and testing of disaster recovery plans. The Application Security Analyst will also assist in coordinating any actual disaster recovery effort.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Under general direction, develops and maintains secure code development practices.
- Reviews application architecture and code to ensure secure coding practices are followed.
- Performs in-depth security reviews of application systems.
- Reviews security procedures of application systems.
- Requires understanding of application development methodologies and life cycles and ability to understand software security assessment.
- Under general direction, establishes the disaster recovery plans and processes across critical functions processed in the Information Services data centers.
- Participates in testing.
- Helps develop and review the university data center and division emergency response procedures and revises the procedures as necessary.
- Under general direction, performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Interfaces with user community to understand their security needs and implements procedures to accommodate them.
- Ensures that user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
- Conducts accurate evaluation of the level of security required, utilizing understanding of firewall theory and configuration, domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures.
- Must be able to weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate issues to management.
- Develops, reviews, and communicates security policies and procedures.
- Becomes familiar with all aspects of the security team’s responsibilities and functions as a backup for other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 -3 years experience in application development
- 1-2 years experience in Information Security.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Must have advanced level expertise with PCs, word processing,spreadsheets and presentation software as well as general office equipment.
- Work under minimum supervision using initiative and independent judgement.
- Understanding of application development in distributed environments.
- Strong understanding of application and system security concepts and practices; good understanding of networking technology.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the testing of emergency response, recovery support, and business resumption procedures.
- Strong organizational and project planning skills.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint .
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Required to be on call 24/7, reachable by cell phone. May be involved in investigative procedures, internal and external to the university, that are of a sensitive nature. Ability to work with others and maintain high levels of confidentiality of sensitive information is required.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University’s mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Full Benefits – https://offices.depaul.edu/human-resources/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
Part-Time Benefits – https://offices.depaul.edu/human-resources/benefits/part-time/Pages/default.aspx
Required Background Check:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8fjd3nm3w5tbyxyv