Patient Account Specialist, Home Services Administration, Re
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Skokie, IL 60077
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Patient Account Specialist for our Home Services department located at 4901 Searle Parkway in Skokie, IL. This is a resource position and is limited benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled on the Day shift (8:30a-5p) with rotating weekends.
In this role, you will:
- Patient records management
- Other related duties as requested, with proper emphasis on proper documentation and courteous patient contact
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of prior secretarial experience and medical terminology preferred; 25-35 wpm
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Courteous manner in order to interact effectively and pleasantly with a wide variety internal and external customers under the pressure of stressful conditions
- Good computer skills, including the ability to use Epic, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Job: Administrative/Customer Svc
Organization: Home and Hospice Services
Title: Patient Account Specialist, Home Services Administration, Resource, Skokie
Requisition ID: 70785