WYN - Manager - Automation Execution
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
The Wynright Automation Execution team successfully delivers highly automated Material Handling Systems. These systems take advantage of Daifuku Wynright’s industry leading technologies to meet and often exceed our customers business objectives. Team members will work with systems including multiple types of material handling automation (ASRS, Shuttle, STV, Robotics, Conveyor, AGV, AMR, etc.), Software (WCS, WES, SCADA, OMS, Etc.), Structures, Storage, Selections, and various engineering disciplines. The Automation Execution team seamlessly integrates the work of multiple execution disciplines to achieve outstanding results.
The Manager of Automation Execution will be responsible for leading the Execution discipline. The Automation Execution Team manages the planning, definition, and execution of all integration activities for the Daifuku Wynright Automation Consulting & Execution group. The manager of Automation Execution Leads a team of Software Project Managers, Equipment Project Managers and Implementation Resources to deliver automated systems on time, and within budget that fully capture the potential of Daifuku Wynright’s equipment to meet client expectations.
- Manages the Automation Execution Department, including but not limited to setting department budget, assigning projects to team members, conducting performance reviews, setting department goals, training, mentoring, and coaching department members, and managing direct reports
- Establishes policies and practices internally and in collaboration with our internal partners for executing projects with complex and highly integrated systems.
- Collaborates closely with the other teams (PET, Software, Controls) to ensure on-time delivery, and an exceptional experience for our customers
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering, or software design. Or equivalent project management / work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in product development, design, and/or project executionof automated systems
- Excellent management skills for directing, coaching, scheduling, and assisting team members
- Ability to train and mentor high performing analysts and managers
- Strong project management and coordination skills
- Knowledge of financial planning and strategy, standards development, process improvement, decision making, strategic planning, and quality management
- High attention to detail
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- of Openings:* 1
Company Division: WYN