2020 Civil Engineering Internship - Roadway
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Peoria, IL 61614
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking candidates for our 2020 Internship programs. We have potential opportunities in locations including but not limited to the following: Texas (various cities), Florida (various cities), Seattle, Kansas City, Chicago, Peoria, St. Louis, and Indianapolis, as well as our corporate headquarters in Springfield, Illinois.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is a dynamic, employee-owned consulting firm of more than 400 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, scientific, and allied services throughout the USA. We were .#18 in the multi-discipline category in the Zweig Group Best Firms to Work For. We are also among the top 50 best internship programs in the country, top 10 in Tech & Engineering Internship and top 25 in compensation by Vault, an employment research and career advice company that surveyed our interns. You can check out all the rankings .
Interns will perform routine engineering tasks using standard procedures under supervision of a Registered Professional Engineer and may assist Hanson engineers, designers and technicians in transportation related disciplines.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
Interns will typically support one or more experienced engineers in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as experience the day-to-day workings of engineering. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which help them build a strong network within the Hanson community and with fellow interns. Internships may require travel to suppliers, customers, or other Hanson locations.
Engineering interns will be expected to perform the following key responsibilities with assistance from a Hanson professional engineer:
1. Preparing plans, designs, specifications, and cost estimates;
2. Gathering and/or providing data for the preparation of engineering or environmental reports and studies;
3. Performing and/or reviewing calculations or reports such as those related to surveying, transportation engineering, soil capacities and quantities;
4. Utilize engineering software packages such as Microstation and/or Geopak:
5. Conducting field investigations and/or survey assistance in order to gather information;
6. Documenting and/or observing construction operations; and
7. Performing related duties such as writing memoranda, letters or general reports; collecting and correlating engineering data; maintaining records; attending meetings; and operating technical equipment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license
Intern must be actively enrolled in a technical field of study such as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, or Geotechnical. The ideal candidate will have successfully completed their sophomore year and be actively enrolled in an accredited 4 year college or university.
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS