Strategic Customer Engagements, Deal Team - Deal L
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60607
Do you have an aptitude for working with customers in competitive and complex sales opportunities? Analyzing customer requests and creating innovative business deals to address these? Taking complex scenarios and simplifying them to fulfill customer outcomes? Building consensus across broad stakeholder groups? Then AWS has an opportunity for you!
Strategic Customer Engagements (SCE) is seeking an individual for the Deal Team to support the rapid growth of the AWS Americas business. You will be specifically responsible for working with our customers on commercial private opportunities to meet their desired business outcomes while ensuring alignment with AWS business objectives. You will be involved in the critical phases of the Cycle (Strategy, , Negotiations, and Closure). The ideal candidate will have customer facing experience, be a proven collaborator across internal and external stakeholders, and be a high business judgment individual.
Opportunity Strategy: Partner with broader internal team and work with the customer to help set objectives, analyze key data and ensure executive alignment on the strategy for the opportunity. The individual will be able to provide advice on the competitive situation and create an actionable strategy to meet the outcomes desired by our customers and our business.
Commercial Structure: Understanding the desired business objectives and creating a competitive commercial deal structure that maximizes the value of the opportunity. This includes analysis of the historical purchasing patterns by the customer, and understanding of AWS programs that can support achieving customer’s business outcomes.
Negotiations: Experience with customer negotiations focused on the commercial aspects of the deal and associated contractual business terms.
Closure: Will be able to bring the commercial deal to contractual closure, including briefing senior management and managing and coordinating all of the internal and customer stakeholders
This role is based in North America.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acts as trusted advisor and thought leader in the development of the commercial strategy and deal; partners in the execution of the sales cycle (strategy, , negotiation, and closure) for strategic, complex, or highly competitive commercial opportunities.
- Inspires and influences internal stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control, helping to remove obstacles in order to achieve desired business outcomes
- Facilitates alignment and effective AWS communication within internal and external stakeholders and promptly resolves any conflict to encourage harmonious and productive interactions.
- Cultivates best practices through analysis and reporting in support of continuous improvement.
- Works with key internal stakeholders (e.g. operations, legal, etc.) as required.
- 12+ years in a sales environment working with teams on of strategic, complex, and/or competitive opportunities, and/or customer facing in a solution oriented capacity
- Strong analytical and presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Economics, Technology or Finance (or equivalent work experience)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age