Sr. Solutions Architect - Enterprise Migrations
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60607
Sr. Solutions Architect – Enterprise Migrations
- HIRING IN THESE US LOCATIONS: We are open to hiring in one of the following hub cities Chicago, IL, St Louis, MO, Indianapolis, IN, and Milwaukee, WI*
Would you like to engage with senior customer leaders and technical stakeholders to help them achieve increased agility and create significant business value by migrating to AWS? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact IT transformation projects that are technically broad and deep? Do you understand the challenges of cloud migration projects? Do you have experience leading technical strategy and enterprise architecture across diverse global teams driving change and business value at significant scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring a Senior Migration Solutions Architect to work alongside our enterprise account teams to help customers accelerate their cloud migration journey. The Migration Solutions Architect works with high-value enterprises in a geography, helping them to effectively lead their migration assessment, readiness and strategy across a broader team of cross-functional resources within the customer. At the onset of a large migration engagement, AWS Migration Solutions Architects focus on understanding customer business drivers as well as the existing datacenter architecture to deliver a Cloud readiness assessment to the customer. Migration Solution architects then use these inputs to design reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure foundations, as well as help build the overall migration plan.
The Migration Solutions Architect also collaborates with Business Development, Professional Services, and our Partner team to ensure successful management of customer progression through programs like the Migration Acceleration Program. The Migration Solution Architect must have the ability to gain hands-on technical credibility with internal as well as customer technical leaders, and will enjoy mentoring other Solution architects on migration best practices.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Creating, articulating, and positioning an innovative and compelling value proposition so that customer executives clearly realize the financial benefits and transformational value of migrating to AWS
- Defining and executing technical migration strategies by working with highly technical teams within AWS (Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, Professional Services consultants and Managed services partners).
- Working with large scale network, compute and storage architectures to help remove roadblocks in customer migration projects.
- Engaging with development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams at the customer and identifying repeatable patterns and architectures for cloud migration.
- Driving the co-development of new go-to-market approaches and opportunities with the Geo business lead.
- Identifying platform improvements, influencing future iterations of the AWS platform and the Migration Acceleration Program.
- Working as part of a cross functional team to identify, develop, and close deals.
- Engaging with C-level customer executives to inspire, define and execute on Enterprise cloud migration strategies demonstrating thought-leadership and a ‘can do’ approach to enterprise migrations, working backwards from customer needs.
This is a senior role in the Solutions Architecture organization at AWS. This role provides a unique opportunity to lead transformational change in large enterprise customers in their journey to the cloud.
- 7+ yrs experience in a Solutions Architect, Enterprise Architect, or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of large scale Enterprise Migration solutions.
- Multi-tier distributed architecture experience within IT consulting, IT operations, application development or support to include the following: experience migrating, architecting, operating on premises or cloud-based solutions, or experience transforming legacy IT solutions, and working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Willingness to travel to customer locations as needed. Estimated 30% travel requirement.
- Undergraduate degree or 7+ years of experience in software design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications in lieu of no Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience.Advertisement
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age