Sort Process Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61109
Amazon’s Air Gateway team is looking for Process Assistants to join its growing team! Amazon Air Gateway/Hubs are where Associates bring Amazon orders to life for our customers. The role of Process Assistants will include performing production duties as needed: pick/pack orders, receive/stow product, ensure inventory accuracy, and unload/load aircraft at or above the rate expectation for each task. Process Assistants will also be responsible for motivating others and keeping their work areas safe!
Things to know about working in Amazon Air Gateway/Hub:
- Temperature in the Air Gateway will fluctuate depending on the season and daily weather conditions. If you perform work loading the aircraft, you may be working outdoors your entire shift.
- We’re committed to providing a safe work environment. This means you wear a reflective vest, stretch and recognize others for working safely.
- We have a relaxed, casual dress code (as long as your attire meets our safety requirements).
- We work to regulate our sites as much as possible, but even with climate controls the noise and temperature levels can vary day to day. Hearing protection is available.
- You may be asked to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet, or on powered equipment (forklift, cherry picker, etc.).
For consideration, a resume must be uploaded to your profile! Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen.
In accordance with FAA and DHS requirements, applicants must successfully complete a criminal background check to obtain access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA) and must be able to secure the appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable.
This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing if conducting safety sensitive functions as defined by the FAA. Federal law also requires Amazon to determine an applicant’s DOT drug and/or alcohol testing history prior to hiring him/her into a position that would require them to conduct safety sensitive functions as defined by the FAA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Are at least 18 years old, and authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to work a rotating, flexible work schedule, including nights, overnights, weekends and holidays. Able to work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required
- Able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach, all with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of work experience or a completed Associate’s Degree
- 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age