Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lincoln, IL 62656
Provides direct and constant observation and attendance at the bedside of the patient as assigned. Functions under the direct supervision of the registered professional nurse of the unit.
• High school diploma or the equivalent is preferred.
• Interpersonal and guest relation skills are required.
• Ability to follow written and verbal directions is required.
1. Maintains safety and security of the patient by promoting a sense of security, well-being and companionship.
2. Provides direct and constant attendance and observation at all times. Instructs patient to remain in bed or chair at all times until assistance arrives. Calls out for assistance and/or utilizes call light for non-compliant patient behaviors. Under no circumstances is the patient to be left unattended.
3. Provides companionship by presence, by listening and conversing, by reading and watching television or other activities of diversion.
4. Assists patient at mealtime by opening containers and cutting up foods. May feed patient only with prior approval of the responsible RN.
5. Communicates any observed changes in patient condition to the responsible RN immediately.
6. Documents observance of safety checks as instructed by unit staff.
7. Receives all pertinent information from unit RN prior to beginning of assignment.
8. Promotes efficient and effective functioning of the unit/hospital.
9. Uses designated lines of communication and authority.
10. Cooperates with all members of the healthcare team.
11. Interacts with patient/visitors and others in a courteous and respectful manner.
12. Performs other related work as required or requested.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.