Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62781
Clerical, Administrative and Business Support
Serve Memorial Health System and its affiliates by processing payroll, preparing payment for invoices and employee expense reimbursement, preparing and distributing payroll reports, and reconciling the API Workforce Management system (API) to Lawson.
• Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance is required; education equivalent to graduation from high school plus 3 or more years of Accounting/Finance experience may be considered in lieu of an Associate’s degree.
• Workforce Management system experience strongly preferred.
• Strong communications skills; must communicate with other departments throughout the organization as well as vendor representatives, using verbal and written communications skills.
• Must possess a high degree of analytical skills involving a large number of transactions.
• Must display knowledge of payroll and accounts payable systems.
• Must possess working knowledge of Windows Office, Excel and Word.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to set daily priorities to meet daily and weekly deadlines.
1. Reconciles the API Workforce Management system to Lawson.
2. Assist Time & Attendance Functional Service Administrator(s) (TA FSA) in understanding and applying various policies and guidelines in API.
3. Resolve issues relating to employee pay in a timely and professional manner.
4. Research inquiries from departments and employees regarding benefit balances (PTO, sick).
5. Reviews maintenance to employee benefit balances and assure accuracy.
6. Processes all payroll-related reports including time card reports, labor distribution reports and benefit status reports from API or Lawson systems and ensures they are distributed according to authorization.
7. Knowledge of Memorial Health System payroll/personnel policies.
8. Coordinates all payroll disbursement checks for distribution and mailing including supporting documentation for all payments. Responsible for mailing of all physical payroll checks.
9. Keep current with all payroll rules and regulations.
10. Ensure new vendors are set-up timely and prepare uploads into the Lawson system.
11. Scan into imaging system, verify and validate all images, match and process for payment invoices from MHS affiliates.
12. Verify approval of all disbursements and other invoices processed as required by MHS Payment Authorization.
13. Support the Disbursement Department by completing assigned tasks as requested while ensuring consistent application of all policies and procedures relating to the disbursements department.
14. Using expert knowledge, assist accounts payable staff in resolving ImageSoft and Lawson questions.
15. Understand how patient refunds work for PBS and PFS.
16. Assure that established federal, state, and departmental deadlines are met as well as provide assistance and support to attain departmental goals and objectives.
17. Organize daily and weekly responsibilities to attain weekly unit goals.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.