Supply Planning Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Roscoe, IL 61073
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2015 sales of $13.5 billion and 47,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
You’ll be working for a Fortune 500 Company and the worldwide leader in the industry. We value diversity and, at Ecolab, our employees are number one! We know that our employees are our most important asset – great employees got us where we are today after 80 years of success. As our Supply Planning Manager, expect to gain recognition for developing & implementing strategies to improve service levels, manage inventory investment, and building your team. It’s a great opportunity to share your knowledge, advance your career and leave a lasting legacy with a leading global company, among the most ethical in the world, devoted to offering solutions to the world’s biggest challenges.
With 100+ operational locations worldwide in both Chemical & Equipment manufacturing/distribution, this role is located at Ecolab’s largest equipment plant, serving on the Plant Leadership Team reporting directly to the Plant Manager. Over the past year, the campus has opened a new distribution center, insourced 8,000+ SKU’s, and is on pace to deliver a record year in overall performance (Safety, Service, and Savings).
The Supply Planning Manager will manage a team of approximately 11 Buyers, Planners, and Purchasing Specialists; responsible for the end-to-end supply chain. Oversight includes a purchasing budget of +$100 million for +15,000 components supplying +25,000 SKU’s. Key stakeholders include +500 global vendors, Corporate Planning & Procurement functional leaders, and internal site teams. This is a multi-site role, with the Plant Leadership Team supporting 2 large operations across state lines.
Be prepared to manage multiple priorities, meet critical deadlines, and implement multiple process or systems solutions. We seek a highly organized individual with keen time management skills and the ability to communicate effectively across the business and with all levels of management.
What You Will Do:
- Customer Service Levels – delivery in full & on time (DIFOT)
- Total Inventory (raw & in-process, finished goods)
- Engages in Sales & Operations Planning activities with internal & external stakeholders, to develop short & long term capacity commitments
- Identification & implementation of lead time reduction programs (consignment, vendor managed inventory, localization, MOQ’s, etc).
- Transformation from a forecast-driven to a demand-driven supply chain (pull system)
- Maintain relationships with key vendors, influencing how Ecolab leverages Just-In-Time & vendor managed inventories.
- Master Data Maintenance (A/B/C part classification, forecasts, safety stocks, etc.)
- Most importantly: effectively manage a team of 10 people, building their talent through your leadership, communication, and engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering, Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience in supply chain, distribution, planning, or procurement
- 2+ years of supervisory experience (goal setting, team building, on-boarding, coaching, etc)
- No immigration sponsorship available
- Solid understand of Planning & Purchasing methodologies (forecasts, safety stocks, replenishment strategies, inventory optimization, lead time reduction, Kanban, etc.)
- Proficiency with data analytics (databases, MS Excel, and presentations)
- Demonstrated experience in operational excellence (lean six sigma, TPM, loss analysis, root cause & permanent corrective actions, etc.)
- Ability to develop & foster professional relationships across corporate divisions & customers (“easy to do business with”)
- SAP experience
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.