Electronics Technician Technician III
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lake Bluff, IL 60044
Job 1 of 1
Electronics Technician Technician III
US – Lake Bluff, IL
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At WECTEC Staffing Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Westinghouse Electric Company LLC, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Tech II with field services Team at Westinghouse.
Provide the management of field electrical services at remote sites, utilizing high technology services in a manner reflecting PCI’s commitment to the highest levels of safety and quality. This position serves as a lead role in the performance and coordination of daily activities.
WORKING PROCEDURE AND/OR RESPONSIBILITY ASSIGNED:
Perform work of equal or lower skill level as required.
1. Perform technical / service lead and shift supervisor activities, including but not limited to project supervision and planning / scheduling, customer orientation and conflict resolution.
2. Act as subject matter expert (SME) to develop training plans, lesson plans, and oversee program implementation.
3. Supervise, lead set up, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot field electrical services and equipment at customer sites. Serve as technical advisor as required.
4. Ensure personal and team practice and understanding of ALARA principles and a “Safety First” attitude as an integral part of all activities. Demonstrate and promote good house keeping practices in work areas.
5. Provide support to engineering and training by performing activities such as equipment modifications, equipment setup and testing, mock-up preparation, process testing, and equipment and process qualifications. Accurately document equipment performance issues during field implementation, recommend options to the responsible system engineer, and ensure corrective actions are complete prior to next scheduled use.
6. Provide documented feedback to engineering and internal customers regarding design documentation errors as well as recommended changes.
7. Via training or demonstration of existing skills, operate machine tools, electrical test equipment, welding equipment, and measuring devices in the fabrication, troubleshooting, repair, calibration, and maintenance of tools, equipment, and management skills to the level of proficiency required in the Electronics Technician Levels 1, 2 & 3 Criteria of Certification.
8. Read and interrupt mechanical and or electrical schematics, drawings and blueprints. Record data in required form.
9. Develop, exercise and promote team building skills with peers, superiors, contractors, customers, and other departments.
10. Demonstrate good customer service sensitivity and customer service skills.
11. Develop and maintain a focus on creative problem solving.
12. Assist in all areas of project when need arises.
13. Develop and deliver performance feedback on personnel to management for specific projects or work assignments.
14. Develop and assist in monitoring and managing the budget relative to the electrical area.
This position requires extensive travel (80%-90%) and working with and around hazardous materials. This position is subject to the requirements of PCI, Westinghouse and customer security, unescorted access and fitness for duty programs.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- High School Diploma or GED
- A two-year degree post high school or related military training is preferred.
- Evidence of repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of portable electrical, welding or machining equipment required.
- Education and certifications maybe substituted for experience.
- In lieu of the education requirement – a minimum of five (5) years documented electronic experience in field construction. Evidence of repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of portable electrical, welding or machining equipment required. Education and certifications maybe substituted for experience.
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
High School Diploma/GED
Years of Experience
Why WECTEC Staffing Services?
WECTEC Staffing Services provides customer-focused solutions with offerings ranging from high-volume and low-cost to specialized niche solutions, never compromising on delivering best-in-class customer service to both our clients and our employees each day.
WECTEC Staffing Services offers competitive pay to all of our employees. Additionally, most positions qualify for benefits including the following:
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Health and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Westinghouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
As an equal opportunity employer, Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnams Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Westinghouse for assistance.