Tooling Design Intern
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lake Bluff, IL 60044
Tooling Design Intern
US – Lake Bluff, IL
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Tooling Design Intern.
- Primary function is to develop CAD design skills under the mentorship of senior and principle tooling design engineers.
- Creation of 3D models, part and assembly drawings, shop work orders, fabrication parts tracking, part inspection tracking, non-conformance and disposition of parts, assembly and functional testing of prototype tooling and operations systems.
- Exposure to technical writing in the form of functional specifications, testing and qualification procedures.
- Hands on training with the Assembly and operation of the tooling system for functional and qualification testing.
- Hands on training on manual stick and TIG welding.
As a successful candidate you will bring the following to the team:
- High School or GED and currently enrolled in a mechanical engineering program (BS) at an accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of a 3.0
- Local to Lake Bluff, IL
High School Diploma/GED
Years of Experience
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Tooling Design Intern | Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC
Westinghouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
As an equal opportunity employer, Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnams Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Westinghouse for assistance.