Direct Mail/Print - Quality Control Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Direct Mail/Print – Quality Control Technician
Chicago, IL •
ID: 46352 •
Precision Dialogue Direct an RR Donnelley company, focuses on maximizing the impact of print to capture customers attention.
PDD, drives responses with High Performance Direct Mail Strategies. With unparalleled depth in print marketing, we’ve developed breakthrough production efficiencies, automated processing and customization technology. Our expertise and scale allow us to effectively communicate with impact to an audience of any size.
- Variable Print: Fully-customized text, imagery and offers to target individual customers or test new options
- Format Library: Pre-designed templates for fast turnaround or custom-tailored options
- Finishing Services: Inserting, affixing, assembly and bindery services, die-cutting, kitting and fulfillment
- Direct Mail: On-site units of the United States Postal Service (USPS) to ensure fast, efficient delivery times
- Interpret required print specifications from the work order and compares to finished mail piece to determine accuracy and quality of work.
- Operate barcode scanner and other postal devices for checking finished mail.
- Select products for inspection at specified stages in production process on a daily basis.
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality.
- Record production issues and resolution in turnover notes, QC logs and other checklists as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by quality control manager.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations at all times
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Prior Quality Control experience in a direct mail/lettershop environment required
At least two years of production experience in the direct mail/lettershop environment
Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus
Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to work overtime, including weekends when needed
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, stand and walk for long periods of time
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company’s policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.