Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61109
As an Air Gateway Learning Trainer working at an Amazon Air Gateway/Hub, works with Operations Managers, Area Managers, Process Assistants and Associates. The Trainer constantly improves the long-term capabilities of the area to which he/she is assigned.
This role reports to the Learning Area Manager, and includes the following core responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will measure Associate performance around Safety, Quality, and Productivity applies learning tools to improve both. Maintains expert-level knowledge Sort Center Process Paths; evaluates and improves processes within work areas; assists in measuring the effectiveness of learning; measures impact of his/her development efforts; improves associates’ job-related skills; develops, maintains and applies learning tools (methods, checklists and skill building agreements) to encourage associate development. Identifies areas for associate cross training and support and implements the training to support the objective; supports the updating of PMVs and certification of associates and managers; assists in driving success of peak and non-peak training plans.
The Trainer will also work with operations managers, area managers, production assistants, and associates to execute and track the site’s GSE/PIT Training Program. The GSE/PIT Trainer constantly improves the long-term capabilities of the area to which he/she is assigned.
The Trainer will achieve these objectives by:
- Be certified to operate each piece of GSE/PIT equipment that the site uses
- Support the GSE/PIT training needs of the Air Gateway
- Coordinate all GSE/PIT Training activities including re-certifications
- Executing all standard trainer tasks as outlined on Trainer Standard Work Checklist
- Effectively executing network standard training plans including all Certified and Critical roles training
- Training ambassadors to deliver network standard training
- Auditing ambassador training delivery
- Providing ongoing support to their ambassadors
- Directly coaching associates to improve job performance
- Partnering with Operations Leaders and Safety to Evaluate and improve training processes within work areas
- Partner with Operations and Safety to ensure network standard training materials are accurate to Air Gateway and equipment type
- Respond to ticketing system request and complete per expedited timeline
- Managing training compliance to ensure accurate training records are housed correctly
- Maintain site’s GSE/PIT training records and documentation
Temperature in the Air Gateway may vary between depending on outside weather conditions and will fluctuate depending on the season and daily weather conditions. You may be working outdoors your entire shift. The ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions is a must.
In accordance with FAA and DHS requirements, applicants must successfully complete a criminal background check to obtain access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA) and must be able to secure the appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable.
This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing if conducting safety sensitive functions as defined by the FAA. Federal law also requires Amazon to determine an applicant’s DOT drug and/or alcohol testing history prior to hiring him/her into a position that would require them to conduct safety sensitive functions as defined by the FAA.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent diploma
- English literacy skills
- Ability to work a rotating, flexible work schedule, including nights, overnights, weekends and holidays
- Ramp Trainers must posses valid in-state driver’s license
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable.
- Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office Suite
- Organization skills – able to handle multiple and changing projects/priorities
- Prior PIT operating experienceAdvertisement
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age