Senior Scientist Global Innovation R&D
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60629
The Senior Scientist – Product Development will provide leadership and technical support for Diversey building care and floor care formulation development with a heavy focus on new product development. This role will aid with a wide variety formulation challenges related to floor care formulations and will partner with R&D, sales, marketing and manufacturing. The Senior Scientist will primarily support product development of new floor care formulations for Industrial and Institutional facilities and will also provide indirect support for the maintenance of floor care portfolio.
- Support R&D projects with technical expertise and formulation of floor care products
- Technically lead and deliver innovation projects that add value for Diversey and our customers
- Application of knowledge raw materials and manufacturing processes applicable to floor care formulas
- Utilization of chemistry, test methodology and application knowledge to deliver unique floor care solutions and product strategies
- Maintain expert understanding of floor care technology and products including formulation, performance and efficacy tests, and current applications techniques
- Implement new methods and techniques to simplify and standardize lab procedures and train lab personnel on the same
- Establish and develop contacts with relevant third party technology/science partners
- Utilize Design for Six Sigma (DfSS) tools and approaches to ensure quality and reliability of data with statistical relevance
- Remain current on industry best practices, updated research/findings to maintain competitive advantage in the floor care industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ years’ experience with formulation of floor care products
- Proven track record of product formulations development
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of floor care active components in formulations
- Demonstrated understanding of customer use patterns of floor care solutions
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements surrounding floor care industry
- Understanding of experimental design and research statistics
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to function independently
- Working knowledge of software tools such as Word, Excel, Power Point, JMP and Mini Tab
- Ability to work cross functionally with teams to balance solutions in accordance with budget, schedule and tools
- Action orientated – Should be able to follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes while thinking and acting strategically
- Collaborative team player – Should be able to establish solid working relationships with stakeholders
- Professional communication skills – Should be able to communicate with peers, customers and vendors both via verbal and written communication
- Technical Communication Skills – Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, findings & recommendations to senior leadership
As an equal employment opportunity employer, Diversey provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to be considered for any position to be filled unless the accommodation would pose an undue hardship. Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the hiring process, please contact our Human Resources Department at .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.