Senior Scientist, R&D - Seasonals
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Senior Scientist, R&D – Seasonals
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry – we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $26 billion in revenue and is the 5th largest food and beverage company in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream – it is our GLOBAL VISION.To be the best, we want the best – best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
It’s a Question of Taste
Do more, be more.Whatever your aspirations, experience something exceptional at Kraft Heinz.We’ll give you the freedom to determine your own direction and deliver in your own style.Outperform our expectations and you’ll move forward faster than you ever thought possible.Come ready to dream. Come eager to grow.
Get a taste of what your career could be at kraftheinzcompany.com/careers.
Job DescriptionJob Description
This is a Research-based technical leadership role providing direction for and execution of projects across one our Beverages, Snacks and Desserts Business Unit. The candidate will be identifying, scoping and/or driving technical projects to meet business initiatives focused on Innovation. This candidate should have a proven record of executing work plans and driving for results. This includes basic understanding of the business need, designing and executing tests, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, documenting, communicating results, and commercializing products. Proven communication and teamwork skills are essential in this role, which operates in a cross-functional environment. The candidate must also have a strong technical background and be able to apply prior learning or scientific principles to new situations. This position requires an individual to manage multiple assignments/ tasks concurrently and demonstrate the ability complete work with minimal guidance. Exhibiting a collaborative mindset and applying innovative solutions are a must.
Key Components of the role
- Work with cross functional teams to scope and develop Cost Engineering opportunities
- Demonstrates the willingness/ability to learn new product categories and/or processing/packaging areas.
- Translate research findings into meaningful business opportunities and communicate to cross-functional teams
- Formula/product commercialization working closely with cross-functional team members in production plants
- Adapt and apply scientific principles to new situations/products and have a moderate degree of autonomy
- Manage multiple assignments/research projects concurrently and possess the ability to call out priority conflicts between a variety of business initiatives
- Specification creation and updating, with attention to detail
- BS/MS in Food, Dairy, Meat, Animal Science, or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years in a Technical Function (which can include all graduate and/or internship work)
- Solid understanding of food (can be specific to Meat, Dairy, Coffee, Nuts…) chemistry, analytical testing, formulations and processing used in food manufacturing
- Understanding of ingredient functionality and interrelationship of ingredients, process, and packaging
- Previous experience with thermal processing, retorting and dry blending is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication, influencing, project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate others
- Manage multiple assignments/tasks concurrently with the ability to question the priority of work
- Strong understanding of Design of Experiments
- Willingness to travel 30%
Kraft Heinz is an EO employer – Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.