Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mattoon, IL 61938
Position: Project Manager
1421 Charleston Ave.
Job Id: 1262
.# of Openings: 1
GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Manager will be a skilled communicator, critical thinker and team builder who can lead and coach teams through all phases of a project. This will include, but is not limited to, educating participants on project processes, developing team norms, providing feedback, and maintaining team engagement. He/she will demonstrate the ability to draw from experience and/or project management practices and apply the appropriate tools to projects of various levels of complexity. Working with the team and all stakeholders, he/she will identify and manage project risks including identification of project requirements and managing scope. The incumbent will be a strong influencer who can manage stakeholder expectations while leveraging the team to deliver projects successfully.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Build project teams and deliver projects that meet agreed budgets, timelines, and quality criteria while resolving issues and managing risks.
- Assist in managing project portfolio to support business strategies to achieve revenue, sales and profit targets.
- Build effective relationships with lines of businesses.
- Document project materials such as minutes and status reports and communicates or escalates issues and road blocks in a timely manner to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Track timelines and obtain updates from project team members.
- Maintain compliance and regulatory awareness and apply that awareness to all project requirements.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a network of industry, technology and consulting contacts that may benefit the bank in accomplishing its strategic and tactical business programs.
- Champion efforts to improve or eliminate inefficient processes and to use automation where appropriate to streamline manual processes throughout the bank.
- Participate in management effort to maintain a bank-wide quality program and drive quality management efforts.These efforts must achieve continuous measurable improvement in quality while simultaneously increasing productivity and/or driving down cost structures.
- Lead teams through solution selection process by defining business needs, researching alternative solutions, and documenting decision matrices.
- Ensure business requirements are captured and agreed upon prior to the start of project efforts.
- Monitor software development changes and release updates.
- Ensure the Business Continuity Plan is updated as required by project activities.
- Establish clear vendor expectations for all projects and hold vendors accountable for delivering on agreements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Practical knowledge of PMBOK project management techniques, tools, methodologies and best practices
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Visio and Power Point)
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and projects with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work with a significant amount of detailed information in an accurate, timely and confidential manner.
- High level of interpersonal skills to interact with all employees, Board members, customers and potential customers in a professional manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work comfortably in a matrix or shared services organizational model.
- Forward looking thinker, who proactively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on business, finance or information systems preferred.
- Certification in Project Management preferred.
First Mid Bancshares, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
Apply for this Position
Equal Opportunity Employer