BCU Data Governance Lead
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
As an employer, BCU models the dynamic assets of a top workplace, including confidence in company leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, employee development, workplace flexibility, and a passionate employee culture supporting a unified vision.
At BCU, you’ll have a career in a growing organization and an environment that supports your professional and personal growth. For these reasons, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace and a certified Great Place to Work.
Visit the link below to learn more about #LifeAtBCU:
BCU is a full-service financial institution. We ensure that our members can focus on their lives assured that their financial wellbeing is in good hands. Data and intelligence has been identified as a critical element to our organizational growth strategy. We’ve partnered with industry leading firms to outline and stand up BCU’s process framework. Business Intelligence team is responsible for empowering our business to deliver world-class member service across our wide range of products and services. As the Data Governance lead you will be responsible for driving rigor and diligence in all aspects of our enterprise program and help BCU treat our data as an asset. As a Data Governance lead you will be responsible for ensuring that BCU continues to progress in our Data Governance maturity.
• Coordinates with Compliance, Data and Security leads on Data Classifications and Compliance Initiatives
• Aligns data governance strategy & guidelines with corporate strategy & policies
• Serves as a key member of the information management council and as the caretaker of a critical asset
• Owns the data dictionary, business glossary, data governance metrics; interacts with data quality metrics as well as regulatory/compliance policies
• Responsible for enterprise-wide change management and communications for Data Governance efforts
• Presents to the IM Manager and Steering Committee for review/approval all Data Governance strategic initiatives, guidelines & procedure updates, and effectiveness scorecards
• Owns performance metrics for the Data Governance function
• Performs regular monitoring and audits of various DG guidelines, processes, and procedures
• Builds and maintains data governance (DG) policies, playbook(s), processes, procedures for guiding various data management processes, including data security and privacy, data quality control and data dissemination activities
• Establishes the data-quality metrics and requirements, procedures for detection and correction of data-quality issues and collaborates to establish policies, procedures, and internal controls affecting the quality of data
• Compiles retention, archival, and disposal requirements and ensures compliance with internal/external policies and regulations
• Works closely with data custodians to establish controls, stewarding evaluations on any suspected or actual breaches or vulnerabilities in confidentiality, integrity, or availability
• Five (5) or more years of experience leading a successful enterprise data governance program or similar experience in policy or data driven programs/projects that include working with data driven initiatives, privacy issues, or complex projects that touch multiple systems
• Five (5) or more years of experience in data governance, data stewardship, data analysis preferably with experience CPG organization with large-scale data or project management and data oversight experience
• Strong organizational skills, critical thinking, project management leadership skills and solid understanding of financial services space
• Knowledge of industry standard methodologies, Data Quality Management, Data Lineage Documentation, Master Data Management (MDM), Data Governance, established data management principles and techniques, and emerging data and reporting technologies
• Ability to work effectively across a matrixed environment and influence without formal authority
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Experience implementing data governance programs and knowledge of applicable standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures
• Experience with change management, a plus
• An understanding and hands on experience implementing data governance tools is preferred
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability and comfort presenting to C-suite executives
• A natural sense of urgency, initiative and a positive team player reflected in daily work ethics
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders and gain acceptance from others, driving consensus and change
• Ability to lead the teams of data stewards towards a common goal
• Demonstrable exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
• Adapt and work in a fast-paced environment
BCU Shared Values. We act with INTEGRITY. We follow the golden rule without exception. We display COURAGE in our convictions. We drive innovation, reaching beyond boundaries and thoughtfully explore new horizons. We excel through COLLABORATION. By working as one, sharing information and seeking solutions, we deliver exceptional outcomes. We WOW our Members. We focus intensely on putting the member first, delivering extraordinary experiences that create lasting relationships inside and outside the organization.
Life at BCU. With a culture built off relationships and referrals, we’re committed to creating the best work environment possible. From our casual dress code to flexible work arrangements, we’ve created a unique culture that supports a healthy work/life balance. For this reason and more, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace. #LifeAtBCU
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the law – Poster Supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Our products and therapies touch the lives of millions of people around the world every day, which is why we are focused on transformative innovations that bring smarter, more personalized care to all of us. For 87 years