Post Doc Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Post Doc Associate
The Post-Doctoral Research Associate is assigned to the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Lab of Dr. Anne Rowley at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital and Northwestern University Medical School. The main focus of the lab is the pathogenesis of Kawasaki disease, with an emerging goal of using plasmablast responses to vaccination and natural infection to understand B cell response to various pathogens. The Post-Doctoral Associate designs, conducts and leads research projected assigned by the Principal Investigator. The Post-doctoral will be responsible for data analysis, interpretation, and preparation of manuscripts for publication. Post-doctoral is required to perform flow cytometry with single cell isolation, RNA and DNA extraction and purification, RNA-Seq analysis, cell cultures, maintenance and propagation of cell lines, histological processing of paraffin-embedded tissue sections, protein isolation, in situ hybridization, immunoblotting, immunohistochemistry, and cell cultures, microscopy/imaging. This position requires the ability to work independently and, if needed, to collaborate with other researcher and core laboratories.
- Provide researchers as requested with technical assistance.
- Performs job functions adhering to principals of innovation, academic excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality research effort to our Institution, co-workers and others.
- Molecular biology, cloning, protein analysis, flow cytometry, and others.
- Analyzing data.
- Preparing data for presentations, grants and publications.
- Help write grant proposals and progress reports related to research projects.
- Participate in regular lab meetings, journal clubs, and research seminars.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- PHD. in Biology or related discipline.
- Knowledge in Computer programs, word, excel and power point presentations.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Organizational skills: Ability to establish priorities and react promptly to a large variety of requestsand needs, sometimes in stressful situations.