CRA Residential Lender
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60631
First Midwest, with assets over $16 billion, is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the dynamic Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area’s largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of commercial, retail banking, and wealth management services through some 120+ offices located in communities in metropolitan Chicago, Northwest Indiana, Central and Western Illinois, and Eastern Iowa.
Originates residential mortgage and home equity loans and participates in related business development activities with a focus on offering CRA products and services in conjunction with the origination of residential first mortgage loans. Develops and maintains relationships within the local community and proactively searches for new business opportunities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years mortgage lending origination experience
- Ability to self-generate mortgage applications
- CRA loan originator experience required
- Extensive knowledge of mortgage loan products, down payment assistant programs, secondary market and underwriting guidelines
- Proven sales experience and track record of achievement of sales goals
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Position may require the need to travel to other branch or meeting locations.
- Subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an external network of referral relationships for the procurement of mortgage loans, with an emphasis on specialty mortgage programs to serve low and moderate income households and underserved markets
- Develop and maintain internal relationships in order to drive cross-sell opportunities for other Bank products
- Consistent sales activities to meet production requirements
- Conduct and coordinate homebuyer-training seminars for CRA potential applicants and focus on offering CRA products and services
- Consistent delivery and execution of the loan process
- Adhere to applicable compliance regulations to ensure honest, ethical and legal practices
- Active involvement with community organizations
- Attend and participate in Branch meetings – develop and maintain relationship with Branch Managers, Tellers, Personal Bankers, Commercial Lenders, OTJB Staff, Bank customers
- Develop and maintain relationship with realtors, attorneys, CPA’s, builders and other external referral sources – proactively search for new business opportunities
- Review each loan to identify cross-sell opportunities
- Follow the loan process with each interaction to ensure consistency in message, process and procedure
- Conduct weekly pipeline review with Loan Operations staff
- Review personal sales performance for meeting and exceeding goals
- Organize and lead regular seminars for first-time buyers, refinance, credit and other relevant industry topics
- Attend monthly meetings for Bank sponsored organizations, and use the opportunity to develop new relationships with the local community
- Attend and present at Branch and other departmental meetings
- Monthly planning and strategy meeting with Residential Sales Manager; determine cross sell opportunities and referral potential
- Regular check-in with external referral sources
- Analyze each loan application to determine credit worthiness and appropriate loan products – explain to customer the various product options and terms
- Communicate professionally with clients, loan operations staff and bankers
- Cross sell to market Bank products and services that may meet customer needs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here and Supplement here.