Customer Experience Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Cole-Parmer is a leading provider of specialty technical instruments, appliances, equipment and supplies to industrial, bioscience, academic and governmental customers around the world. Our proprietary product lines include fluid-handling systems and instruments, which are important components of scientific research.
Job Title: Customer Experience Specialist
Reports To: Manager, Customer Experience
Position Location: Vernon Hills, IL
Customers are at the center of everything we do at Cole-Parmer. Customer Experience Specialists are responsible for working through multiple service channels to consistently provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. This role is a key member of the Customer Experience center of excellence, responding to all our scientific customers around the world.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Supporting customers via e-mail, phone, and other channels.
- Actively listen and identify customer needs and concerns to effectively provide top tier service.
- Investigates customer inquiries and identify proper course of action.
- Attends vendor and department meetings for continued learning including product training, product documentation, product compliance and other functions that relates to work duties.
- Responsible for providing product documentation support including manuals, data sheets, quality certificates and others as needed.
- Assists customers in buying decisions, consistently recognizing and offering cross-sell/upsell opportunities.
- Processes and updates customer orders/quotes and/or changes orders/quotes in a timely and accurate manner meeting departmental productivity metrics.
- Responds to post-order customer service requests such as handling customer issues and complaints; returns and communicates anticipated delays and actions being taken to provide a resolution in a timely manner. Makes returns/or replacement decisions to resolve customer issues or complaints as needed.
- Responsible for national security requirements and export compliance of all transactions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma Required; Bachelor’s degree from an accredited learning institution preferred.
- 0 to 2 years customer service related experience.
- Proven ability using the Internet and Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with ability to learn other software as needed. Experience using an AS400 and/ or other Customer database Management system is a plus.
- Capable of using learned knowledge to drive in the moment business decisions.
- Aptitude to learn and comprehend scientific vocabulary/terminology.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressures, within deadlines or other time essential constraints.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Strong work ethic and an ability to excel within a rapidly changing and growing organization.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.