Bending Application Engineer - Schaumburg, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
With minimal supervision, provides functional and technical support to Sales Engineers and demonstrates machine functions in Amada Show Plaza and at Trade Shows. Performs time studies, tool selections, and demonstrations in the Amada Show Plaza. Makes preparations for shows (on and off site), operates machinery during the show. Maintains the General Fabrication area and work area in “ready-to-show” condition.
- Analyze customers machine and tooling requirements based on information provided by Sales personnel or directly from customers.
- Generate programs used to operate Amada machinery.
- Provide data on machine run times using computer and machine generated time studies.
- Organize and order tooling and materials used for customer demonstrations and shows.
- Fabricate demonstration parts to show the capabilities of Amada equipment.
- Summarize and report methods, materials, and tools used in fabrication of demonstration parts.
- Machine installation, trouble-shooting, and teardown.
- Clean-up, maintenance, and organization of materials and tooling.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned by Management.
- Mechanical ability and sheet metal experience preferred.
- IBM PC familiarity, with knowledge of CAD/CAM software preferred.
- Some knowledge of Bending Equipment/process preferred.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints.
- Detailed oriented.
- Excellent English language/communication skills (verbal and written) are required. Depending upon product/region, foreign language skills may be required.
- Regular travel required. Depending upon product/region, the ability to travel internationally may be required. Travel requirements are dependent upon department/customer need.
From: Occasional (3 to 5 times per year).
To: Frequent (10 to 15 times per year).
LIFTING: Weight Range: 10-75 lb. Frequency: Daily
Requires ability to bend, lift, stoop, reach, stand, crawl, and climb.
Ability to Read Blue Prints
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©
Amada America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers competitive salaries and excellent comprehensive benefits.