Clinical Application Analyst 1st Shift Full Time
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rochelle, IL 61068
GENERAL APPLICATION INFORMATION: Rochelle Community Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. All offers are contingent upon successful passing of a post-offer substance testing, positive reference checks and background check and your ability to establish your employment eligibility in the United States.
ALL RESUMES AND APPLICATIONS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH ILLINOISJOBNETWORK.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Rochelle Community Hospital is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
Provides leadership for planning and administering clinical information systems for Physicians, Nurses, and all other healthcare providers. Responsible for coordinating all aspects of evaluation, implementation, and maintenance of clinical information systems using the knowledge and skills of clinical practice. Manages and implements requests for system changes, daily maintenance, and regulatory requirements. Serves as the Information Services subject matter expert on clinical practice within the hospital and medical center and provides IS representation on clinical committees. Will promote most effective use of our Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities including applications for ER, OR, inpatient care, outpatient care, lab, imaging, pharmacy, various therapies and rehab departments.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a lead resource in the evaluation, acquisition, and implementation of clinical information systems
- Leads efforts to increase information literacy and use of evidence based practices in the delivery of healthcare
- Champions the redesign of clinical workflow and processes essential for the adoption of new technology
- Incorporates information literacy and informatics competencies into the job descriptions for all nursing staff
- Serves as a clinical educational resource to assist IS regarding healthcare operations and clinical processes so that safe, patient centric, and user friendly systems can be chosen, staff can be efficiently trained, and software is intuitive and easy to use.
- Serves as a member of the Information Services Steering Committee.
- Serves as a member of Computerized Physician Order Entry Group and facilitates meetings.
- Facilitates the development of clinical order sets and e-forms
- Trains new Clinical staff and retrains existing staff in use of EHR software and updates.
- Assist Clinical staff to resolve issues or problems in use of EHR software.
- Stay current with EHR Clinicalsoftware upgrades, updates and any other software changes.
- Identify and document Clinical applications issues, reporting same to Meditech within its procedures and making formal requests for action.
- Track and follow up on requests to Meditech escalating issues to higher levels as needed.
- Participate in audits and reviews of security risks consistent w/HIPAA for protection of Protected Health Information (PHI) and works collaboratively with others to resolve issues and develop improved practices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve routine problems with software or hardware or both and when necessary referring those problems to IS for resolution.
- Assists with the creation and development of policies and procedures for disaster recovery and downtime.
- The responsibilities listed above are not all-inclusive; other activities may be required in support of the hospital’s goals and objectives.
- Compliance with The Joint Commission standards, OSHA, CMS and State regulations.
- Facilitate Meaningful Use preparation, data collecting, reporting and processes.
- BS/BA/Assoc. degree in Nursing with 3-5 years of direct patient care experience preferred
- Has attended 20 hours of continuing education over a two year period.
- 3-5 years of experience as a user of a clinical Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Proficient with development and troubleshooting of clinical software
- Previous experience and knowledge of Meditech clinical products a plus
- Excellent communication skills essential
- Ability to relate to physicians and other clinical providers
- Prefer previous physician related application installation and training experience
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with HIPAA and with hospital-based policies and procedures is essential.
- Need experience using Microsoft Windows and its Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and researching problems or questions on Internet.
1. Ability to use proper body mechanics in lifting, pushing and pulling.
2. Requires occasional lifting up to 35 pounds
1. Regular use of speech, vision and hearing.
1. Normal workday spent inside.
2. Requires working in an air-conditioned environment.
Use of Hands:
2. Manual dexterity and motor coordination.
3. Fine manipulation of hands and fingers.
1. Maximum 70 percent of time spent sitting.
2. Requires bending and stooping.
Rochelle Community Hospital Association positions are guidelines. They are not intended to identify every task that an employee will be asked to do. They are intended to provide a general outline of the work, responsibility and qualifications of the position. Employees are expected to provide whatever assistance is needed so that both individual and organizational success can be achieved.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.