Structural Engineering Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Job LocationsUS-IL-Buffalo Grove
Structural Engineering Technician
What You’ll Do
As a Structural Engineering Technician, you strive for excellence and have a great eye for detail. You put your construction expertise to use by observing and testing building components. You enjoy the diversification of working on both new construction projects as well as existing facilities. Both your internal project managers and external clients are pleased with your evaluations, since documentation is something you take pride in. You go above and beyond in order to ensure that the client receives a quality evaluation and report. Need a little extra training? No worries, we offer paid certifications. We believe our technicians are worth it – and that’s why you’ll have all the opportunity for career growth within our company you’ll want. For highlights of others who have taken their amazing skills and grown their careers with ECS, click here
You will be part of a dynamic, growing and energized team – and your role is key to the success of ECS. While your job duties may fluctuate day to day, here are some areas we expect to see you proficient in:
- Conducting field observations associated with pre, during, and post-construction assessments
- Conducting field observations associated with existing facilities
- Facilities-related services including: fireproofing and fire stopping, anchor testing, coring, ground penetrating radar, material sampling, and structural forensic investigations
- Documenting observations daily in written field reports
- Interacting and communicating effectively with site contractors, other technicians, and project managers
- Want to experience what all this job really entails? Click
What We’re Looking For
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ year(s) of relevant construction experience
- Degree in engineering or related field a plus, but not required
- Professional certifications (WACEL or ACI) a plus, but not required
- Some serious GRIT and have no problem lifting/carrying 40 – 100 lbs. multiple times a day
- Must be able to provide suitable transportation for use on job sites – Mileage will be reimbursed
Who We Are
Founded in 1988, Engineering Consulting Services (ECS) is a leader in geotechnical, construction materials, environmental, and facilities engineering. ECS is currently ranked 72 in Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Design Firms (ENR, 2019) and is honored as ENR Mid-Atlantic’s Design Firm of the Year (2018). To learn more about us, click .
We love our employees and we show this through providing some great benefits. Click to see how we show our passion for our people.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
ECS is an Equal Opportunity [EO] employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other protected category. E-verify and federal drug-free work place compliant.