Camp and NatureStart Programs Counselor Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Brookfield, IL 60513
Pay rate $13.50 per hour. The Camp and NatureStart Programs Counselor Assistant (seasonal) contributes to the success of the Chicago Zoological Society by connecting children, youth, and families to wildlife and nature through our Zoo Camps and meeting the Society’s goal of providing extraordinary guest experiences with top-quality programming.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support to Camp and NatureStart Programs Counselors with the supervision of campers throughout the park during camp activities.
• Engage campers in games and activities that develop motor skills, socialization skills, and teach respect, responsibility, and good decision-making skills.
• Assist and when called upon, lead the presentation of camp topics and themes by utilizing specimens and props.
• Coordinate with Seasonal Camp and NatureStart Programs Counselor staff the organization of all daily camp supplies for activities including arts and crafts and games.
• Work with other camp staff members to supervise groups of children for bathroom breaks in accordance with American Camp Association Guidelines.
• Other related duties as assigned.