1st Shift Bakery PPO Op
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loads and unloads pans to and from the conveyors and on and off carts.
- Monitors and operates proofer, press, docker, oven, depanner and conveyors.
- Ensures that the product has the proper appearance and physical attributes.
- Continuously ensures that final product is meeting customer specifications including, but not limited to, visual appearance, product dimensions, and physical characteristics.
- Monitors and operates the Clean Out of Place tank (COP) and Mallet oiler.
- Sets up and breaks down proofer, press, docker, oven, depanner and other related equipment.
- Ensures that all containers are labeled, color coded and handled properly using established methods and procedures
- Sets programs/settings on the proofer, press, oven and associated panels.
- Monitors and adjusts machines through the use of control screens, panels and switches on all conveyor systems between the sheeting line and blast freezer prior to crust packaging.
- Records all pertinent information at regular intervals as prescribed by set procedures.
- Ensures that all necessary equipment is ready and available for any change over or start-up.
- Monitors the de-panning section of the system and make necessary adjustments to conform to costumer product specifications.
- Ensures that work area is maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Reports any deviancies from product specifications immediately to the Line Lead or Supervisor.
- Achieves goals and objectives set by management in all relevant areas that include, but is not limited to, change over times, downtime percents, and equipment maintenance.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are followed.
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Skills and Experience:
- One to three months of food manufacturing or packaging experience.
- Ability to work overtime, irregular hours or rotating shifts.
- Ability to speak, write and understand English.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within the plant.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, formulas, and policy and procedures manuals.
- Ability to write standard information into related paperwork.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including but not limited to pounds, ounces, grams, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and temperatures.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
Physical demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 2,200 pounds with lifting equipment or with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a plant production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job in the plant, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles. Employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures that range from below zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit to over ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While in the plant, the employee is required to utilize the required personal protective equipment.
The Bakery PPO Operator will report directly to the Bakery Supervisor.
Nation Pizza and Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate with regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals who can perform their essential job functions with or without such accommodation.