Custom Applicator/Operations Support - Wabash Vall
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Allendale, IL 62410
COMPANY: Wabash Valley Service Company
HIRING MANAGER: Steve Archibald
LOCATION: Allendale, IL
PAY GRADE: Hourly
Custom application of crops department products, inspects fields, maintains and repairs plant and mobile equipment. Assist in the performance of essential daily plant operations and duties including:
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the operations of the plant including facilities, and service to patrons as well as assisting with bookkeeping transactions include billing, monthly inventory, and all monthly reporting necessary for the operation of the plant.
- Must be willing to assist Crops, Petroleum and LP in marketing activities as needed
- Must have proper communications skills for interaction with patrons and fellow employees
- Apply crop production inputs, both liquid and dry materials, to fields and growing crops according to recommended rates and procedures, communicating crop and field conditions
- Assist in field scouting as needed and directed by Location Manager and/or Crops Specialist
- Assist with material handling, blending, storage, transport and application equipment for accurate and efficient blending and delivery of products.
- Must be willing to work in all departments as needed (Crops, structures, petroleum, and LP maintenance)
- Repairs and rebuilds equipment as needed.
- Maintains all equipment for safe and efficient operation.
- Follows all safety practices and procedures.
- Helps to ensure fellow employees follow all safety practices and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must have a Class A CDL driver’s license with HAZMAT and TANKER, Air Brakes, designation and a valid commercial pesticide applicator license. Or the ability to obtain these license.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able or learn to operate a lift truck, shop equipment, skid loader and basic/moderate computer operations.
- May assist in Petroleum and LP tank installations
- Willing to accept new procedures and updated application equipment
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.