Infrastructure Engineer Consultant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for collaborating with Solutions Engineering, Infrastructure Operations, and Infrastructure Service Management teams in the design and build of infrastructure solutions/blueprints for area of responsibility; participating in the design and build of repeatable patterns (build-kits) to improve deployment times for non-prod and prod environments; transitioning knowledge to Infrastructure Operations. This role is specifically for the storage engineering team.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree and 5 years in Information Technology or relevant experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7 year Information Technology experience OR 9 years Information Technology experience.
- 5+ years of storage experience for both SAN and NAS platforms.
- Extensive hands on experience with EMC VMAX, Unity Isilon, and Cisco and Brocade systems.
- Infrastructure Automation
- Operations Management
- ITIL v3
- IT standards, procedures, policies
- Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
- Understanding of business priorities (e.g., vision), trends (e.g., industry knowledge) and markets (e.g., existing/ planned)
- Oral & written communications
- Problem solving / analytical skills, tools and techniques
- Supplier management
- Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions
- Drive cross functional execution
- Adaptability and ability to introduce / manage change
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Organized and detail oriented
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree (Computer Science, MIS, or related degrees).
- Extensive hands-on experience with Dell/EMC storage technologies (VMAX, Isilon, Unity)
- Extensive hands-on experience with Cisco and Brocade technologies
- Knowledge of backup and archive software and storage
- Knowledge of storage encryption (Hardware/Software)
- Knowledge of cloud based storage
- Hands-on experience with Disaster Recovery
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.