IT Business Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Downers Grove, IL 60137
IT Business Analyst (18015375)
Syngenta is a leading agriculture companyhelping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to makebetter use of available resources. Through world class science and innovativecrop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transformhow crops are grown. We are committedto rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizingrural communities.
About this Job:
We believe that thatmost IT departments witness change,we aim to cause it by discovering and applying new and novel technologies toreal world problems. We are looking for curious, determined and high performingindividuals who will push hard for?breakthroughs?that help the company.??
The Visualization &Analytics team is a key component of the Data & Analytics organization atSyngenta. As a Business Analyst within the Visualization & Analytics teamyou will engage with stakeholders (business and IT), create use-case scenarios,identify key performance indicators, develop strategic business and project plansto deliver analytics and data-driven solutions.
Essential Duties &Responsibilities:
- Define the functionaland technical specifications including creation of data models, wireframes,backlogs to deliver insights based on analytic and data-driven solutions.
- Maintain and deliverthe product backlog for data analytics working with the business product owner.
- Create and prioritizebusiness cases partnering with business stakeholders for data and analyticsneeds.
- Partner with differentstakeholders within IT and business for requirements sessions, daily stand ups,sprint reviews, and UAT.
- Consolidate andsynthesize data from disparate sources into actionable visualizations, focusedon insights.
- Develop interactivedashboards using modern visualization strategies and appropriate underlyingdata structure to clearly articulate the insights reflected.
- Analyze and propose newapproaches to viewing and accessing data.
- Keep up to date on newreporting and analytics tools.
- Bachelor’s or?Master’s?degree?inAnalytics, Computer Science, or related fields.
- 2 years’ experiencedelivering data and analytics solutions in one or more enterprise functions.
- Hands-on knowledge ofVisualization tools such as Qlik, or Tableau, or PowerBI.
- Knowledge of SQL andother database querying capabilities.
- Hands-on knowledge ofagile methodologies, specifically with driving data and analyticssolutions.
- High levelunderstanding of enterprise systems of records such as ERPs, SFDC, and thebusiness processes they enable for domains such as Sales, Marketing, SupplyChain and Finance.
- Familiarity withtoolsets and capabilities utilized by data scientists and modelers?is a plus.
- Familiarity with cloudand traditional data warehousing technologies such as RedShift or SAP BW orSnowflake is a plus.
- All applicants must beeligible to work in the US.
Additional Knowledge,Skills, Traits & Abilities:
- Familiarity with modernsoftware development methodologies and be able to rapidly iterate on ideasdespite ambiguity.
- Proactive approach andenthusiasm for problem identification and solving.
- Curious and passionateabout emerging technologies and ways to apply them to real world problems.
- Keeps up to date withcurrent data and analytics trends, industry and developments.
- Strong ability toresearch and investigate complex IT related topics.?
- Excellent verbal andwritten communication skills including strong interpersonal skills.?
- Ability to lead, beself-directed and/or work independently or as part of a global team.?
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that begins the same day as you.
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution.
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others.
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family oriented events throughout the year.
Syngentais an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment,hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons ofrace, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genderidentity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protectedstatus.
Familyand Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
EqualEmployment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC)
EmployeePolygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.