IT Associate Project Coordinator (1041333)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Deerfield, IL 60015
Summary: The project coordinator is responsible for coordinating activities related to the development, documentation and maintenance of research project workflow, to include maintaining project status updates, preparing recurring reports, maintaining project file database, assisting in project management and coordinating other related submissions
- Works closely with project teams and requesters to understand goals and objectives of projects, clarifies requests and requirements.
Responsible for request investigation and follow up communication.
Recommends and maintains project priorities for team and communicates priority to requesters.
Identifies duplicate requests and recommends project/request consolidation when appropriate. Assists in the development, documentation and maintenance of project plans.
Prepares and distributes weekly, monthly and quarterly project status/progress reports and other project documentation for senior leadership.
Updates and maintains department project board. Collects, maintains and distributes information from project teams and business unit personnel to facilitate communication. * Provides administrative support and assistance for daily project workflow operations.
Prepares minutes and reports from meetings and maintains copies and files.
- Reviews, edits and assists in the development of relevant documents, PowerPoint slides, research articles and other communication and documentation.
Checks for accuracy and completeness, ensuring appropriate concepts, themes and messages are represented effectively and consistently for the target audience.
- Coordinates and processes the submission of publications to various audiences, including formatting documents, ensuring all submission requirements and deadlines are met and monitoring the submission and publication status.
- Develops and maintains the centralized files and records database for the department. Makes actionable recommendations for improving process flow and project management processes.
Basic Qualifications & Interests (BQIs)
- Associates degree and 0-2 years work experience or High School/GED and at least 3 years work experience. *
Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience collaborating with internal resources / external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.