Regional Quality Manager Northlake, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northlake, IL 60164
FT Sal/WhCo NoOT
- of Openings
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion and over 20,000 employees supporting customers around the world.
Manage multiple plant QC departments located in Northlake, St Charles and Kankakee, IL (Midcentral Region) along with Quality systems and processes. The primary responsibility is to ensure products meet quality and efficiency standards set by the company.
- Develop and implement standardization processes that support business goals and objectives utilizing six sigma tools, quality software tools, data collection and analysis through benchmarking.
- Present roll-outs across functional groups across the division.
- Develop, implement and review statistical analysis that identifies defects, exception to quality processes, test methods, service and trends.
- Create process improvement and prevention plans.
- Plan, direct or coordinate quality assurance programs, ISO documents and formulate quality control policies.
- Audit to ISO compliance and interact/coordinate with outside company quality auditors.
- Provide guidance, goals, train and assess performance for QC supervisors and technicians and provide feedback.
- Develop and train ways of improving the manufacturing process to ensure higher-quality products.
- Ensure that production and manufacturing lines perform efficiently, coordinate employee efforts, and facilitate communications between various functional groups.
- Understanding customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes.
- BS/BA College degree and/or equivalent Industry related experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the Ink or equivalent industry
- Proficient in MS Office, basic knowledge in MS Office: Access and SAP
- Math, organizational and administrative skills used in work experience
- Strong project management, leadership and creativity capabilities, including excellent verbal and written skills
- Work experience with Quality Management Systems, Quality Control, Business Process Improvement, Project Coordination, Trainer and Supervision/Managerial.
- SIx Sigma Certification and Process Mapping
Quality certifications a plus but not required: CSSB, CSSGB, CSSYB, CMQ, CQA, CQE, CQIA, CQI, CQPA, CQT
- 30% – areas covered – Northlake, St Charles and Kankakee, Illinois
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Employer’s Job# 2019-3466
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.