Prep Cook 2
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Job Title: Food Court Prep Cook 2
Reports To: Sous Chef/Executive Sous Chef
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Union)
Pay Rate: $19.45 – $21.45
Summary: The Food Court Prep Cook 2 works under close supervision while assisting the Chef or Food Court Prep Cook 1 accordingly. Food Court Prep Cook 1 is responsible for the prepping and preparation of food as directed. The tasks assigned must be completed quickly and efficiently while still abiding by necessary guidelines that will ensure quality standards are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Adhere to Board of Health and ServSafe regulations
• Prepare food products as directed by recipe and/or supervisor while maintaining strict adherence to standards and speculation.
• Complete all assigned production priorities daily
• Maintain the cleanliness of the work area according (including but not limited to refrigerators, counters, tables, storage areas, etc.)
• Equipment/tools may be available, but it is suggested that you provide and secure your own tools
• Inform supervisor of any shortages or equipment malfunctions
• Knowledge of food quality, utilization, storage, rotation and consistency
• Demonstrates practical understanding of kitchen sanitation
• Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
• Must have a High School Diploma/GED
• Must have sufficient math ability to accurately add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations and pass basic math skills test.
• Must speak, be able to read and understand English well enough to converse with customers,
supervisor’s and employees.
• Understand written and oral direction and communicate effectively with others
• Creates and supports a team environment
• Scheduling flexibility is essential, must be able to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays as required.
• Six months of experience in a commercial kitchen.
• Conducts work efficiently to meet high demand.
• Must be able to work in a high stress environment.
• Ability to work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
• Able to work in an environment having both hot and cold temperature extremes.
• Must have a pleasant personality and adhere to Uniform Standards policy.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
This position does not require computer skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Illinois Food Handler’s Card
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to Stand for minimum of:6 hours_
• Must be able to Lift ___50___pounds
• Must be able to Sit for minimum of:6 hours_____
• Must be able to Push __50___pounds
• Ability to move heavy (200+ pounds) wheeled carts.
While performing the duties of this job, one must have the physical ability to maneuver around McCormick Place at times. The employee may be regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may
be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document
in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this