Shift Coordinator - Group Lead
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
St. Charles, IL 60174
Shift Coordinator – Group Lead
St Charles, IL •
ID: 46735 •
STERN AVE – Oversee manufacturing operations shift for Press Operators with the objective of maximizing productivity of quality products while minimizing costs. Ensure that all processes are being followed in the completion of work tasks. Provide instruction and guidance to employees and audit work processes and products to confirm production specifications are met. Oversee operations, maintenance, and purchase and stocking supplies and raw materials. Maintain and update daily production records and produce reports as necessary. Ensure that safety procedures are followed by all employees. Apply knowledge of department policies and procedures, and utilize a general understanding of other departments’ functions.
This position is for 1st shift.
- Provide subject matter expertise on maintenance and setup of equipment learned through extensive technical training/experience to assist in ensuring the manufacturing operations operate efficiently and effectively.
- Manage and coordinate special projects with line supervisors, Press Operations, Maintenance or other departments such as implementing new equipment, training on new equipment or processes etc.
- Maintains and updates databases. Prepares reports for management as required.
- Assist with time off requests and time keeping records daily.
- Perform administrative and record keeping responsibilities.
- Assist with cycle and inventory counts.
- Inspect and sign off on production runs.
- Assist with 5S projects
- Provide technical assistance to functional manufacturing areas responding to breakdowns and/or overhauls or equipment.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out – tag out rules, and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Follows all Operating Procedures (OP’s) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) required by ISO regulations where applicable.
- Similar experience to the work environment.
- Printing background preferred.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access.
- Good organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret data and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people.
- Ability to communicate in English, read, write, speak.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company’s policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.