Food Service Worker, Food Service, Registry - 44439
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60603
The Food Service Worker will maintain safe, accurate and timely staff and patient meal service while ensuring high standards of department sanitation, accurate cashiering and food production.
The Food Service Worker will consistently demonstrate support of the SRAlab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Food Service Worker will demonstrate SRAlab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Food Service Worker will:
- Provide timely , efficient and accurate patient tray line setup and patient meal assembly.
- Provide courteous and timely set-up and service in the cafeteria, at the cashier stations and for catered events.
- Deliver and retrieve patient meals to and from nursing units in a safe and expedient manner.
- Maintain the sanitation and cleanliness of the service ware, pots, pans, equipment and work and service areas. Operate the dish machine for service ware sanitation.
- Prepare toast, salads, desserts and other food items requiring some food preparation skills according to specific directions and established quantities.
- Operate cash register accurately with no over rings or shortages. Ensure that cash drawer has proper level of cash, obtaining additional change as necessary.
- Refill coffee urns, juice and milk dispensers as needed and stocks cafeteria with various food and non-food items as needed including donuts, fruit, silverware, condiments, paper products and the like.
- Follow safe food handling practices, maintain food items at appropriate temperatures and follow established storage practices. Sustain a sanitary work environment according to health standards and Department policies.
- Assist patients as necessary in providing meal selection and service.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of SRAlab.
- Reports directly to Food Service Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions when preparing food, serving patients and staff and performing non-complex mathematical calculations at a level normally acquired through the completion of elementary school.
- Approximately one to three months on-the-job experience in order to become familiar with basic food preparation techniques and learn cafeteria procedures and department policies.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to courteously greet patients when delivering food trays to rooms and employees, visitors and other cafeteria patrons.
- Basic analytical skills necessary to portion proper amounts of food to patient trays and stock food stations with necessary items.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail needed for approximately twenty percent of work time when entering customer charges, receiving money, making change, counting and weighing food items and working tray line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.