Manager, Assurance, SOC
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60290
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Assurance Service Organization Control (SOC) Manager is responsible for leading a team of SOC professionals performing the duties of planning, fieldwork and wrap-up for the preparation of third party attestation reports, including SOC 1, SOC 2 and WebTrust for Certification Authorities, while applying all areas of the governing standard, as necessary, for documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position is also involved in other business process or IS assurance related engagements, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Information Technology (IT) general control testing for private company financial audit engagements and agreed-upon procedure engagements, as needed.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other relevant field, required
- Master s degree in Accounting and minor or dual major in Information Systems or other relevant advanced degree, preferred
- Five (5) years of prior experience in internal or external audit, required
- Supervisory experience, required
- Experience performing SOC, SOX or ISO 27001 engagements, preferred
- CPA, CISA, CISSP or other relevant certifications, required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, preferred
- Prior experience with various assurance applications (e.g., UNIX, OS400, LINUX); and databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL) and assurance research tools, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a public and/or private company
- Strong knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (e.g., GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.).
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills with the ability to break down complex issues and implement appropriate resolutions
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
- Ability to work in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of effectively managing a team of professionals and delegating work assignments
- Ability to encourage a team environment on engagements, and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with client personnel
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on assigned engagements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40%, required
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
Employer’s Job# 17300BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.